PDF to Book

PDF to EBook

Great news announced in an email from Eileen Gittins that blurb is going to be offering conversion of books made with Booksmart or Bookify to ebooks for iPad. Then she said “PDF to Book folks, please stay tuned.”

Anyone have any further information on when us InDesigns folks will have the conversion available to our PDF’s?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
soboyle
Oct 7, 2011 5:34am PDT
soboyle

It has been a month since the last post regarding PDF to ebook, any news??

Posted by
geoffpayne
Nov 7, 2011 5:20am PDT
geoffpayne

Im interested in this too. Any updates?

Posted by
blueba
Nov 18, 2011 11:37am PDT
blueba

To add a little weight to this missing option: I was very much attracted by the eBook oroduction functionality, but then really disappointed to find out that I can’t do this with the PDF-to-book workflow.

Hope this conversion will be available soon!

Posted by
B-U-T
Nov 25, 2011 4:25pm PDT
B-U-T

Me to. Can’t wait! :D

Posted by
catklump
Dec 2, 2011 5:44pm PDT
catklump

Yes…I also would like this as soon as posible. Was optimistic for having my book available at Apple but I understand thats its a bit premature…does anyone have details on the pricing scheme?

Posted by
eatingheart
Dec 19, 2011 8:16am PDT
eatingheart

I, too, design PDF to Book projects with Blurb. I hope they announce something about ebook options available to us very soon!

Posted by
lukekurtis
Dec 21, 2011 8:27am PDT
lukekurtis

indeed… I find the booksmart and bookify workflows don’t work for me, I have long since switched to designing my books in InDesign as this just offers me so much more in terms of freedom and flexibility. So Blurb, please add this functionality, otherwise I will have to find an alternative route just for the purpose of getting the ebooks, and I prefer keeping all my publishing limited to one channel: Blurb

Posted by
MonsieurGrat
Dec 22, 2011 12:46pm PDT
MonsieurGrat

I reposting a request for this…lets see if I can get an answer from a staff member..in the meantime has anyone here toyed around with Ibook Author…can it accept a PDF generated by InDesign and keep its format?

Posted by
eatingheart
Jan 23, 2012 7:35pm PDT
eatingheart

I would also really like the option to convert my pdf’s to e-books, in anyway possible. So importing using bookify if necessary but also prefer to import it directly from InDesign as any other book!

Posted by
johnsphones
Feb 6, 2012 8:38am PDT
johnsphones

Eagerly awaiting this option as well..

Posted by
DJdeRidder
Mar 19, 2012 3:52am PDT
DJdeRidder

Since the new iPad is out I’m even more interested in creating an ebook. However is there any response from Blurb to create ebooks from PDFs? Is it coming, if so approx. when?

And how does it work with iPad 1/2 and the new iPad. Of course I want the best resolution on the new iPad but downward compatibility with the older iPads.

Alternatively has anyone done it with InDesign CS5.x? I’m italking photo book not text…

Posted by
exp0sure
Apr 1, 2012 10:17pm PDT
exp0sure

I just asked customer service about it, and I heard it might be (possibly, not sure though) available at the end of year (2012) or so. well, I guess it’s not going to happen very soon.

Posted by
goldiesplash
Apr 16, 2012 6:37pm PDT
goldiesplash