PDF to Book

160 page Blurb book, using InDesign PDF to Book, exporting using Blurb PDF export setting, file is 7.36 GB, how do I reduce to 2GB?

My book has a vector background on all 160 pages, I have my images as 300 dpi tiffs. I need to reduce the file size down to the Blurb standard of 2GB, this is my first book, so I can use some help resolving this issue.

I am sure I am doing something incorrect, or I am overlooking something. I have contacted Blurb, they are unsure what they issue is but, they think the photos might be larger that boxes in InDesign, I am just looking for as many courses for troubleshooting as possible.

Thanks in advance for you reading and replying to my post.

Sebastian

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
SStudios007
Oct 30, 2011 11:28am PDT
SStudios007

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry that you are having some trouble creating a file to Blurb’s specifications.

I have not seen your files, so this is only general advice, but many times TIFF files (especially if they have Layers) can be very large. My advice would be to open the images and flatten all layers and save them as maximum quality JPEG files, andupdate the links in the InDesign file checking that they hold the proper cropping dimensions you designed. Converting to this maximum quality JPEG will not effect quality at all, and should reduce the final file size to under 2 GB.

Thanks!

-Joe

Posted by
JoeCro
Oct 30, 2011 4:54pm PDT
JoeCro Icon_staff

Are your TIFFS 300 dpi AT THE ACTUAL SIZE they will be in the ID doc? If not, size them correctly in Photoshop and update the links.

Posted by
obertb
Nov 8, 2011 8:29pm PDT
obertb