PDF to Book

Low resolution image warnings

I am using the following:
Indesign with Blurb plugin to create template.
Blurb Color profile inside Photoshop to output 300dpi CMYK high quality JPGs.
Blurb PDF exporter out of inDesign.

I place my images inside the Blurb template at native resolution (Actual PPI 300, Effective PPI 300). Meaning that I am not scaling many of them. But I seem to get random preflight errors “Low resolution image warnings”

I have been at this for days, trying to figure out why some images pass, some don’t. Like I said they are exactly the same… NATIVE. At this point I am out of ideas. I have deleted and replaced them, instanced them, click-placed them, drag-placed them. etc…

If anyone at Blurb is listening…. here is a sample:
PDF Job # 3506480

I am NOT new to graphics, these are high resolution images that are not over scaled.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
tymznd
Aug 28, 2012 6:32pm PDT
tymznd

HI! If you look at the Community Guidelines (on the right, under the HELP banner) you’ll see that the forums have been put in place to facilitate Blub users (such as you and I) communicate with each other offering advice, sharing ideas, helping with issues, etc, though Blurb staff do chime in from time to time.

Hopefully another user who’s had the same problem will chip in, but with a problem like yours you’d be better off contacting Blurb support staff directly. Go to the Help menu at the top of this page and select Customer Support, from there select the Contact SUpport tab.

Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 28, 2012 11:33pm PDT
tfrankland

If the effective PPI in the links panel in InDesign shows 300 for all your images, then you should have nothing to worry about. Blurb’s "pre-flight check" occasionally gave false alarms. I don’t know whether their new InDesign workflow does.

I occasionally have printed images at 200 dpi or even a bit less, and I find them to be still quite acceptable. 300 is better, of course.

Posted by
Maharg
Aug 29, 2012 5:45am PDT
Maharg

Hi tymznd,

I’ve reviewed your uploaded file it does not contain any low resolution images, so you should be good to go. Occassionally, preflight will flag long and narrow images as low resolution, which appears to be the case here.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Aug 29, 2012 7:48am PDT
csm Icon_staff

That is good news, thanks all.

Posted by
tymznd
Aug 29, 2012 7:57am PDT
tymznd