PDF to Book

Duplicating the InDesign Templates

I recently completed my 160 page book in BookSmart with the ImageWrap cover only to learn that in order to have the ImageWrap go over the spine of the book, I woul have to redesign my book in InDesign CS3. I have downloaded the templates. Successfully opened and have designed my new ImageWrap cover. Now I am beginning my inside pages. This is where I am a bit confused. I see the left single page, the inside two page spread and then the single right page template. How should I go about replicating my pages. Designing them isn’t the problem. I would like to lay out each page over these templates but how do I duplicate these templates for all 160 pages? Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks. -M

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
mgreener
Jul 18, 2009 2:39pm PDT
mgreener

I don’t use Indesign that much. I figured it out. Thanks anyway.

Posted by
mgreener
Jul 18, 2009 4:12pm PDT
mgreener

Did you just duplicate the spreads on the “Pages” tab?
And if so, did it work?

Thanks!

Posted by
Jay2theDee
Oct 29, 2009 12:35pm PDT
Jay2theDee

Actually, can anyone just help me?

For the InDesign 4-page template, do I just duplicate the 2-page spread under the “pages” tab?

I’m not exactly sure how to create more pages, and I just want to make sure I’m doing it right…

Thanks!

Posted by
Jay2theDee
Oct 30, 2009 3:12pm PDT
Jay2theDee

mgreener, how did you figure it out?

Thank you.

Posted by
harito16
May 15, 2010 11:53am PDT
harito16

In the right hand of your screen should be some vertical toolbars. The very top one should say “Pages”. Click on that and it will open up to the left and show the 4 blank pages in the template. Right click on one of the pages and an option menu will appear. the top option is “insert pages”.

InDesign is a pretty intense program – running through a tutorial on it will help you get a grasp of the basics. It’s not really one of those programs that you can learn as you do it.

Posted by
CWN
May 15, 2010 4:12pm PDT
CWN