PDF to Book

Locked PDF doesn't upload please help!

I have tried to upload my PDF several times now but everytime I get this message: a unknow error occurred.  I contacted the support but they gave me the advice to shut down my security programs.

I did it and it worked! I didn’t got the error anymore and uploaded my cover and pages! But it is preflighting for 2 days and when I try to contact the support I get the same advice, to try it again and shut down my security programs.

I don’t get any help from them because the second e-mail was exactly the same as the first one. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have tried 13 times now and on my dashboard it said that 13 pdfs are preflighting, for a week now! 

The book was a present but It’s going to be way to late because nothing works. Help me please!

Posted by
Rovanice
Jul 30, 2009 4:34am PDT
Rovanice

Hi,

If there’s a possibility you are uploading via IE 8, please try using again another browser, since there seems to be ocassional hiccups with IE 8. And if that doesn’t work again, please let us know that yiu have tried that to no avail.

Thanks for your patience.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Jul 30, 2009 6:02pm PDT
kathybad

I use Firefox because my IE8 doesn’t work at all. And I also tried safari but that doesn’t work either..

I keep trying nothing works. I made new PDF’s, I shorten their names.. Nothing helps! I received an e-mail from somebody from customer service and she said she couldn’t help me either and passed my problem to someone from technical service.. I hope he or she can help me!

Posted by
Rovanice
Jul 31, 2009 7:32am PDT
Rovanice

I uploaded one book successfully. However after that nothing will upload (trying to get a softcover version.) Safari and Firefox both stall with the progress bar at 4% complete. On one occasion I was able to get the cover uploaded, but then the book would not. Blurb does not know why…

Posted by
lifecw
Jul 31, 2009 8:16am PDT
lifecw

After 2 weeks of effort for some reason it just uploaded today, Aug. 4. The pdf upload interface is slightly different so maybe there was some adjustments on the Blurb end.

Posted by
lifecw
Aug 3, 2009 9:25pm PDT
lifecw

OK… I am having the same problems with regards to uploading: `Unknown Error Occured`. Book is a present as well and now really starting to stress about time!!! Will try with Firefox now… Is there any way of sending the PDF`s to Blurb another way (yousendit or something)? HELP!

Posted by
asnippe
Aug 8, 2009 12:21pm PDT
asnippe

Isn’t there a way to ftp upload my pdf’s? They are rather large and I think that’s why Firefox crashes when trying to upload via web interface.

Posted by
ginita
Aug 11, 2009 6:47am PDT
ginita

I have the same problem with Firefox 3.5.5 and also with IE 8.0. After a few seconds on cover upload, an alert "an unknown error has occured" appears. After that it continues to the pages upload progress. The cover upload is checked "complete". After a few seconds, the same alert appears again. Some minutes later, the upload is mostly beeing canceled or stucks at the very beginning of the progress bar.

My cover pages PDF is only 1,5 MB,  the Pages 140 MB.

Posted by
bennu
Nov 29, 2009 7:57am PDT
bennu

I’m using Firefox 3.5.5. trying to upload a cover of 30MB and contents of 200MB. Both files claimed to have competed really quickly – much quicker than you could really have uploaded files of that size over my 1.5Mbit/s connection. However left overnight the pre-flight checks are still continuing and I’m starting to think this is doing nothing. 

Is there some really clever background upload process taking place here or has it all gone wrong? 

Posted by
ajefferson
Dec 2, 2009 1:08am PDT
ajefferson

anyone still having issues with uploading pdf’s?  I did one book fine with IE8 then a few weeks later (same PC, same IE8, same everything) it does not work.  The files seem to upload too quickly and then preflight can run 24 hours and never finishes.  Sometimes the Cover goes and I get the opportunity to upload the interior pages but both hang in preflight on the blurb site…no progress messages – working with support now but after 2 days they have not even referenced  all these posts leading me to wonder about the problem tracking and resolution…..

Posted by
FubarEast
Jan 20, 2010 7:45pm PDT
FubarEast

Hi FubarEast,

I’m sorry to hear of this upload difficulty.

Without question, we’d love if 100% of uploads completed without a hitch. Truth is, that’s a difficult number to meet with all the various user/network and browser setups available these days.That’s not to say there aren’t many many successful uploads, which there thankfully are:)

That said, we’ll try our best to work with each person individually to get their files uploaded and ordered. I encourage you to continue with us via direct email communication to solve this.

As this is a problem best communicated via Customer Support and because this thread is getting quite old, I’m going to lock this thread from further posting.

For those of you reading this that feel you have a similar problem please contact us here.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jan 22, 2010 3:46pm PDT
csm Icon_staff