PDF to Book

Blurb Logo Page

Newbie here.  First PDF to Book attempt.  So, I’ve designed 40 pages for a book.  Page 1 is the right hand side page at the beginning.  Page 40 is the left hand side at the end.  Will Blurb put their logo on my page 40?  Or will they add another page and it would be blank except for the logo?  I don’t have a problem with the logo being on it, but I don’t want their logo to go over my content on page 40!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
YadaYadaYada
Aug 10, 2009 8:04am PDT
YadaYadaYada

Hi there,

For books created via our PDF to Book workflow, we’ll simply add an extra sheet of paper (black or white, your choice) with the Blurb logo at the end of your book. This doesn’t count towards your total page count nor is it printed on any of your content. 

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Aug 13, 2009 7:55am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

What if you leave page 40 blank for the logo, will it then be print on there?  I would rather have it on the back of the page than on the front of an additional page?

Posted by
naumand
Aug 26, 2009 6:45pm PDT
naumand

I posted this question 2 days ago and still no staff response??  Please help, I would like to send my book in for printing.

Posted by
naumand
Aug 28, 2009 12:54pm PDT
naumand

What about books made using "booksmart"? Do you also add an extra sheet of paper with the Blurb logo at the end of the book?

Posted by
Robots_Rule
Aug 28, 2009 2:22pm PDT
Robots_Rule

Hi,

This FAQ will help answer your logo/end page question for BookSmart.

As for PDF to Book, if you follow our templates and/or use our book calculator for a 40-page book, we will automatically and at no charge to you, add a page with the logo on it. The logo will always appear on the back of a page. If you go to our pricing page and click on Custom Logo, you will find some more info. 

Hope this helps.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Aug 28, 2009 5:54pm PDT
kathybad

That does not answer my question at all, I understand that you will add a page if we fill all 40 pages at "no charge"  but I dont want an extra page with the logo, I want it on the back of my last page.  Even if it is the back of an extra page that means the front of that page is totally blank.  I am using your template and the last page, page 40 is a left hand page, I would like to leave that blank and have you put the logo there, will you do that or do you only add a page with a logo on the back?

Posted by
naumand
Aug 29, 2009 11:19am PDT
naumand

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. This logo page will be an extra page with the front blank and the back with the logo. If you go for Custom Logo there will be no extra page and no logo. Otherwise you cannot do what you are suggesting above using PDF to Book.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Aug 31, 2009 8:58am PDT
kathybad

Thanks!!!

Posted by
naumand
Aug 31, 2009 3:47pm PDT
naumand

That is too bad. I had the same question and concern as naumand.

Posted by
Elegua
Jan 9, 2012 9:16pm PDT
Elegua

Is that mean if I do a book with PDF I have and extra page compare to booksmart who force me to sacrifice my last page for the logo? For example my book have 40 pages and the last one is a left hand page so you add and extra 2 pages with the logo behind but if I do it on booksmart I have to stop at 39 or pay a lot more! Strange…

Posted by
autourdubloc
Feb 5, 2012 4:44pm PDT
autourdubloc