PDF to Book

Locked Can I Update an Existing Book w a New Cover PDF?

in the PDF Workflow? I hate lose the existing URL for my book but I need to make a few minor changes.

Posted by
petronio
Sep 14, 2009 11:26pm PDT
petronio

There is no way to update an existing book on the Blurb site.  You need to upload a corrected copy.  When you do that, it’s a new book and you need to order one within 15 days or it will be deleted.

It’s usually best to delete the old one before uploading the new one so as to know which one to delete.

Posted by
deanej
Sep 15, 2009 7:00am PDT
deanej

Thanks for the answer deanej, unfortunately that seems to be a limitation of the Blurb system. IMO, it would be great to be able to update a cover or contents (or even pages within the contents) but I don’t see any hint of that functionality.

Posted by
ethernectar
Nov 6, 2010 8:12am PDT
ethernectar

This is a massive limitation of the system. It’s a real problem when you’ve promoted your link and a book needs to be corrected. Would a solution to this being able to have a ‘friendly’ URL for a book, so you can distribute a permanent link to whatever the latest version is?

Posted by
jordanharper
Dec 13, 2010 3:41am PDT
jordanharper

My favorite way to publish an e-book is with a PDF file. Don’t get scared at a new term. A PDF is basically a small file that anybody can read on any computer with any operating system. This is one of the best ways to satisfy PC and MAC users. A PDF is also easy to move around. You can even attach it to an email if it’s small enough.

Posted by
JohnRandy
Feb 2, 2011 9:51pm PDT
JohnRandy