PDF to Book

Trouble uploading with Firefox, constant crashing

I have been trying to upload my pdf book to blurb through firefox, and it constantly crashes when I upload the covers or text pages. I have installed all my flash player and browser updates but it won’t quit crashing. I have a lot of experience with ftp upload, graphic design, etc so I am  very confident that its not my file, has anyone else had this hapen? How did you resolve it?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jrpittman
Sep 20, 2009 10:33am PDT
jrpittman

Same here. Crash Crash Crash

Posted by
DouglasDolde
Sep 22, 2009 9:58pm PDT
DouglasDolde

My file is crashing in FF too. Did you get this to work?

Posted by
nycvivien
Sep 27, 2009 10:55pm PDT
nycvivien

Hi,

From what we are learning, this problem usually occurs on Mac machines. It might be a FF Flash plug-in that we can’t do anything about. Safari should work, so give that browser a try. 

If you need more assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us in Customer Support.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Sep 28, 2009 11:23am PDT
kathybad

And here too – with both Firefox and Safari.  Cannot upload due to a flash crash.

You guys really need to use something other than flash. 

Posted by
dlhotka
Dec 7, 2009 12:26pm PDT
dlhotka

After experiencing the same problems with Safari and then also Firefox on mac I installed Google Chrome and it works!!

Posted by
keipron
Aug 17, 2010 9:39pm PDT
keipron

Google Chrome didn’t work for me.
Mac too

Posted by
GNkurius
Sep 11, 2010 10:12pm PDT
GNkurius

Used FF. Safari, Chrome and Opera. Nothing worked.

I have been in contact with customer support and done everything they recommended. Do we really have to jump through hoops to get this done? It would be much simpler if they removed the Flash uploader and used something more conventional.

Cover uploaded fine, contents stuck on ‘Loading…’

It’s 324 page, 1.8GB Aperture created PDF.

Any other way of uploading?

I am now trying Windows XP in a virtual machine. So far cover has uploaded, but took a long time, now waiting for contents. Seems to be doing something – but this could take weeks!

Posted by
shrey
Sep 18, 2010 2:38am PDT
shrey

Same here.

I’ve tried Chrome, Internet Explorer AND Firefox on Windows 7 — It doesn’t even upload the cover (407 KB). It crashes. Doesn’t even get past the first part.

I’ve updated my Flash Player to 10 – The latest. I’ve disconnected all firewalls. I’ve turned off all Anti-Virus. I’m not on Wireless. I’ve tried restarting. Everything. And my first initial contact with the “Support” here at Blurb was freaking ridiculous.

I knew that the first 10 things they asked me would be all of the above — So I listed it all on initial contact. Fat lot of good that did — The first email back was "So, what browser .. blahblahblah are you using? — Great support, Blurb.

Blurb really need to get on top of this. I have hundreds of clients I recommend to Blurb daily. Not anymore. I can’t even upload a simple, small 80 MB book. And there isn’t even another way to get around it.. Seriously, what the hell? Even FACEBOOK has alternate upload forms.

Fix this quick.

Posted by
Kariz-matik
Sep 27, 2010 8:32pm PDT
Kariz-matik

So sick of this. I now dread uploading books because I know it’s going to crash at least once. The sooner Blurb ditch the Flash uploader the better.

Posted by
sparkywallis
Oct 26, 2010 10:04am PDT
sparkywallis

Hi sparkywallis,

Please contact us if you would like to help us test something new we’re working on. Mention me and this forums post when you do so.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Oct 26, 2010 2:09pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

I’m having issues with the uploader getting stuck on the cover. My first experience here. Not a good one so far.

[Moderator note: Problem self resolved].

Posted by
thetsubasa
Oct 29, 2010 1:57pm PDT
thetsubasa

I am trying to upload my book (tried several times) with safari, but it keeps on crashing (flash issue). Suggestions?

Posted by
ostjen
Nov 1, 2010 1:40pm PDT
ostjen

Hi ostjen,

See my previous post on this.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Nov 1, 2010 4:00pm PDT
csm Icon_staff