PDF to Book

Locked Cover Choice

Hi Everyone

I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere, or get the right answer from Tech Support.  It seems like they read half of my questions or issues and never really give me the answer I need.

I designed a book and cover (softcover) in In-Design CS3, and then designed the same cover using the image wraptemplate, as I am interested in offering the book in both versions.  When I started my first upload process, I assumed that I would be asked for both cover versions.  I was not.  so I thought maybe they want me to upload the book twice and somehow append them into one book, with two cover versions.  I was wrong.   I ended up having TWO of the same book, each with a different cover version.

I have written tech support but cannot get an answer to tell me what I can do to change that.  I was told I can offer the Imagewrap version as both Imagewrap AND softcover, but I am at a loss to find the place that allows me to make that choice under my book settings.  I have been designing web sites for 15 years, and I am not dumb.   Have I overlooked something in the rules, the FAQ’s, the Forums?

I Have decided to make one of the books private for now while waiting to get the answer.  The book is São Paulo Winter Light/s/

thanks for any help.  

Posted by
lucien58
Oct 22, 2009 7:50am PDT
lucien58

Only Booksmart uploads give you the different book versions options and the PDF uploads make you do each book separately and then they are not on the same page – I hope they will be changing this soon.

Posted by
platteford
Oct 23, 2009 7:25pm PDT
platteford

I hope they change this soon as well. I’m having the same problem!

Posted by
laurarhoades
Nov 16, 2009 5:12pm PDT
laurarhoades

Same issue here. Blurb staff, hope you can integrate this soon. Thx!

Posted by
bennu
Nov 29, 2009 11:02am PDT
bennu

Seems still to be an issue. I do not find any way to create different covers using the PDF upload

Posted by
bwschmidt
Jul 13, 2010 7:58am PDT
bwschmidt

Hi bwschmidt,

We would love to offer this for PDF to Book. It’s just a matter of how to implement this option into the current workflow (it may seem easy but there’s major code changes involved here).

You can still order any cover you wish by completing a separate upload for each cover type. Stay tuned for this option in the near future.

Note: Locking thread due to age.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jul 13, 2010 9:19am PDT
csm Icon_staff