PDF to Book

Color shift when Exporting with Blurb Preset

I just put together a book using InDesign CS2, and when I export it using the standard Blurb Preset, the final PDF document has a noticeable green color shift. I just can’t figure out why.

All my images are in CMYK and were converted to the Blurb ICC profile in photoshop. My InDesign color settings are correct (Blurb_ICC, Preserve Embedded, Adobe ACE, Perceptual). My monitor is calibrated.

When I soft proof my images in photoshop and my pages in InDesign, everything matches up correctly. It’s not until I open the exported PDF that I see the color shift…. it’s more green and desaturated.

When using the preset to export I get the color mismatched warning “The preset specifies source profiles that don’t match the current color settings file. Profiles specified by the current color setting will be used.” But the profiles actually do match, so I don’t know why this comes up. Once I click on the color profile in the preset, the warning goes away. I don’t CHANGE the profile mind you, just click on it… so I assumed this was just some kind of bug?

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? If I can’t figure out how to fix the problem I won’t be able to use Blurb to print this book as it’s just too much of a color difference.

Thanks!

Chris

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ckilkus
May 8, 2010 8:03pm PDT
ckilkus

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that when I export the book using another pdf preset, the color comes out fine…..

Posted by
ckilkus
May 8, 2010 8:07pm PDT
ckilkus