PDF to Book

How to add a page to a book PDF?

I’m trying to make a proof book for a wedding and I’ve used Bridge to make my book layouts. They are the right size but I have two problems… I went to upload my book pages and I have an odd number of pages, so I’ve designed a first page to add but I cant figure out a way to stick it in the big PDF. Is there any way to do that?
My second problem is the file format. It is PDF but not the right one for blurb. I don’t think that bridge is capable of exporting the right format now which I realize but I try and open the book in InDesign and I can’t open PDF in that program… any suggestions? Don’t really want to have to save 150 pages to JPG and upload that way… Thank you!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
llondin
Feb 14, 2011 10:30am PDT
llondin

Hello – did you ever get an answer to your question about adding pages? I found your question twice – and I’m having the same problem…  I need to add about 10 pages… If you know, would you please help me? Thanks!

Posted by
setstandard
Jul 29, 2011 12:50pm PDT
setstandard

Hello,

We do not offer support for Adobe applications, but if you are looking to add pages to our templates with InDesign please check this page of the Adobe Help reference. It should provide help for using Adobe InDesign.

Thanks!

-Joe

Posted by
JoeCro
Aug 7, 2011 1:28pm PDT
JoeCro Icon_staff

Probably too late to reply to this, but you cannot add pages to a PDF. Add your pages in InDesign, then create a new PDF.

Posted by
obertb
Nov 8, 2011 8:19pm PDT
obertb

I’m finally getting back to this project – and the problem I’m having is this – I cannot open the PDF in InDesign. Does anyone know how I might open the PDF using InDesign?

Posted by
setstandard
May 21, 2013 4:17pm PDT
setstandard

Do an internet search for "InDesign import pdf", it throws up quite a few threads in the Adobe forums that describe how.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 22, 2013 12:08am PDT
tfrankland

You can open a  PDF in InDesign.  Actually InDesign can only "Place" PDF files into graphic frames. And it can also "open" IDML files.

Posted by
BEAUTeBOOK
Oct 31, 2013 5:14am PDT
BEAUTeBOOK

If you have adobe reader then you can open your pdf there.

Posted by
chaylen
Nov 3, 2013 8:48pm PDT
chaylen

You may use Adobe inDesign to create a pdf page.
Then import it to a page flipping software, so it will turn your all pdf into side by side pages as a real book. When you click, pages will flip.

kvisoft flip book demo

Posted by
flipbookkvi
Nov 15, 2013 3:28am PDT
flipbookkvi