PDF to Book

Colour Management in Preview on Blurb website

I have produced/published a Blurb book and the book colours are fine. However, the images in Preview on the Blurb website are not – too dark and saturated. How do I solve this. My book is Living Medieval Parish Churches of Norwich
David White

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
whitedcs
Mar 31, 2011 7:34am PDT
whitedcs

I too need an answer to this question. I’ve done everything correctly in PS and IND, but the preview is showing images more saturated and a bit red.

Thank you.

Posted by
Flik411
Aug 22, 2011 3:01pm PDT
Flik411

Hi Flik411,

Bookshow should not be used to proof your book. Instead, use these suggestions to review your file.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Aug 22, 2011 3:18pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Craig -

Thanks for the line – I’ve done everything suggested there and my PDF looks fine in Adobe Reader, so you’re saying not to worry about what the Book Preview shows? I’ve also used the Blurb.icc profile throughout my workflow – so I was just startled by the colors that showed up in the preview.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by
Flik411
Aug 22, 2011 3:39pm PDT
Flik411

Following up for anyone else with similar concerns – books arrived and were to spec! Looked great and the ICC profile worked like a charm. Thanks Blurb!

Posted by
Flik411
Sep 29, 2011 7:24pm PDT
Flik411

I’ve had the same thing happen to me when I used the PDF to Book method. If you have followed all the steps that Blurb has laid out and you have a color managed workflow you can print with confidence. Ignore the crazy colors you will see on the website!

Posted by
journeyart
Oct 24, 2011 4:36pm PDT
journeyart