2-page photo spread in Indesign
I have been looking for a system to produce 2-page photo spread in Indesign that does not involve Photoshop.
I have come up with the process below, but I am not sure it will work as this is my first book. I would appreciate very much any ideas on this.
Also, I am planning a large square book with about 100 pages. Seeing what others have said, I have settled on 1/4 inch overlap, but I would also welcome any thoughts on this.
(1) Create frames in both left and right pages. The frame covers each full page plus bleed.
(2) I draw a guideline 1/4 inches further out from the bleed line on left and right pages. Guideline for left page is 1/4 inch to the left of the left page bleed line. Guideline for right page is 1/4 inch to the right of the right page bleed line.
(3) After placing the same picture on both frames, I resize the picture proportionally to the edge of the opposite frame (i.e. picture has the width of both frames put together plus the proportional required height).
(4) I vertically line up both pictures.
(5) Left picture is aligned to the left guideline (which is 1/4 inch to the left of the left bleed line). Same for right picture aligned to right guideline (which is 1/4 inch to the right of the right bleed line).