Bookify

Locked Lost Project

OK I spent more than a few hours this week working on a project utilizing the new (to me, at least) "Bookify" program. I thought I would give it a whirl to see how it compares to Booksmart (which I LOVE).  So far I’m less than impressed.  When I attempted to go in to tidy up some minor issues and order several copies of my new ook, it had completely vanished, as if it never existed at all. Yes, I checked the FAQs and YES i attempted to retrieve it the way blurb instructs, to no avail.  Customer support so far has not helped in the least, treating me as if I’m an idiot who wouldn’t have attempted everything one could think of prior to contacting them. So now I wonder: has anyone else had this extremely disappointing problem?  Life is too short to spend time & effort on creating a lovely photo book (in my humble opinion) only to have it disappear into cyberspace forerver.  If anyone has any advice, I’d gladly take it!  Thanks!

Posted by
pristau
Aug 31, 2011 11:33am PDT
pristau

i have lots photos – all of them! test and layout in tact but ALL photos (70 pages worth of placements) disappeared. HELP PLEASE! Amy

Posted by
amybandolik
Sep 4, 2011 7:03am PDT
amybandolik

PS sorry – meant to say “LOST PHOTOS

Posted by
amybandolik
Sep 4, 2011 9:40am PDT
amybandolik

Just opened a saved book, over 20 pages of photos, all gone? Bookfiy was working okay yesterday, no all photos are gone. I hate to spent hours again, putting this book together. Let me know if you get a solution.

Posted by
arthawaii
Sep 4, 2011 12:39pm PDT
arthawaii

the same has happened to me… working on 2 books yesterday and the site kept crashing… today the unfinished book is still intact, but the completed 38 page book and all images are gone— only the text remains???

Posted by
spencemcg
Sep 4, 2011 3:46pm PDT
spencemcg

After corresponding by email with Customer Service several times since the problem occurred, I was told that I must not have logged into my account properly prior to beginning my book (I never knew I had to) and that is the reason why I lost my entire project.  I am told there is no way to get it back.  My text, photos, everything in the book gone as if it never existed in the first place.  I find it hard to believe that by not logging into my account prior to creating a book, the whole thing would vanish into thin air.  Shouldn’t the system in some way then prompt me to log in to prevent this from happening?  Tonight I’m starting to recreate my book from the beginning!  It bums me out that I have to do all this work over again.  Clearly this is a bug in the "bookify" system which should be addressed immediately!  (By the way, the system is allowing me to create my book again wtihout asking me to log in…so if I hadn’t learned that this is a requirement nowhere to be found in the FAQs, I would most likely lose my book again.)  Arghhh!!!  Sorry no resolution to provide…good luck to you all! 

Posted by
pristau
Sep 5, 2011 4:59pm PDT
pristau

Same problem, but this explanation from Customer Service makes no sense. I logged in properly to my account before I did anything. And, secondly, this happened to too many people on the same day. It has to be a problem on Blurb’s end. Hopefully, once the support crew comes back from the holiday someone can figure out what happened and restore the book I have been working on for the last week.

Posted by
lhhowe
Sep 5, 2011 7:43pm PDT
lhhowe

It’s happened to me too, the layout is there but all my photos have vanished – and I too was logged in properly and all was fine until sometime after late on Saturday 3rd, UK time. I am so disappointed. Surely it is some kind of server issue??

Posted by
rcm2011
Sep 6, 2011 11:44am PDT
rcm2011

happened to us now!

fortunately it is the beggining and not much was lost.

Posted by
ADOZEBOOK
Sep 6, 2011 2:47pm PDT
ADOZEBOOK

And same with the logging in automatically, strange! I started again, but the format of the book changed by itself! What is going on!

Posted by
ADOZEBOOK
Sep 6, 2011 2:51pm PDT
ADOZEBOOK

Photos lost with us too AND, the book that was a small square has turned into a BIG square!!!! I have no clue how to go back to a small square. Any idea anyone?

Posted by
ADOZEBOOK
Sep 7, 2011 3:03pm PDT
ADOZEBOOK

The same has happened to me.  My book was complete and ready to place an order, I hadn’t logged in for a few days but all my images have dissapeared. – GUTTED  Hoping that customer service can fix the problem, before I start all over again.

Posted by
SMcCully
Sep 8, 2011 12:39pm PDT
SMcCully

Yes, I spent three hours using the bookify and found it to be sluggish but then the worst happened and it crashed when I was about half way through production.  I had saved and noticed it was also saving automatically.  However, I can’t find my book and or my files. They’re missing in action. It shows a book in progress on my page but it has no title and no pictures.

I have notified customer support but since it is late Sat. I don’t expect to hear anything soon enough when I have the time to do this project.

Very dissappointed,

kyaudepaints

Posted by
kyaudepaints
Sep 24, 2011 6:53pm PDT
kyaudepaints

Did any of you find any resolution to his problem yet? I tried Bookify for the first time today, and as all of you, spent hours working on it. Now it seems to be gone, gone, gone…..and a long weekend, of course, so I’m not sure when I will hear from Customer Support.

Were any of you able to retrieve your efforts, or did you all have to start again? Mine was saved (by myself and automatically) as the book progressed, so I don’t understand the problem.   :(

Posted by
trisha1537
Oct 9, 2011 9:16pm PDT
trisha1537

this problem (not ‘his’ problem)…sorry.

Posted by
trisha1537
Oct 9, 2011 9:17pm PDT
trisha1537

Also happened to us with our wedding book. We’re just ditching Blurb – this is our second book with them and our second set of problems. Not worth the hassle.

Posted by
stevenbarnes
Oct 19, 2011 4:47pm PDT
stevenbarnes

Same thing happened to me just now. HAve worked ALL day long on a 180 page long photobook and it all of a sudden vanished. There is a “book in progress” under my books area, but it certainly is not the one I worked on AND continually saved all day….. This sucks.

Posted by
ainosh
Nov 11, 2011 12:14pm PDT
ainosh

Same thing happened to me just now. HAve worked ALL day long on a 180 page long photobook and it all of a sudden vanished. There is a “book in progress” under my books area, but it certainly is not the one I worked on AND continually saved all day….. This sucks.

Posted by
ainosh
Nov 11, 2011 12:15pm PDT
ainosh

Really?  I wish I’d read this before I spent 3 days working on a photo album for my mother-in-law.  Everything is gone.  I had logged out and logged back in after I did the first page to make sure I could access it and was able to at the time.  Set it aside to get ready for Thanksgiving and now everything is gone.

Posted by
astevic
Nov 25, 2011 8:20pm PDT
astevic

Just discovered my work has gone – all 80 pages of it.

Wanted to print it for a 94th birthday next month. It’s her life story.

I haven’t the heart to start it all over again.

I’m totally gutted – so disappointing ,

Posted by
goldenoranda
Nov 27, 2011 9:31am PDT
goldenoranda

I was making my first book tonight and lost all my mine too ;) You are not alone..I’ve made books and have never encountered this problem..I’m frustrated also.

Posted by
Flipkeat
Nov 29, 2011 8:12pm PDT
Flipkeat

I am so upset! My book is totally gone! There has to be a problem with the programming of Bookify because there is no way all of us could be having the same problem.  Time for Blurb to take ownership of the problem and get it resolved.

Posted by
sdearman
Nov 30, 2011 7:30pm PDT
sdearman

the same thing just happened to me! WTF…as if people have the time to spend on this BS! I’m pissed!

Posted by
sneakypete4
Nov 30, 2011 8:07pm PDT
sneakypete4

Thank God it’s not just me!! My first attempt at Bookify and I was really rapt with the look and feel and just wanted to polish it off tonight and GONE. Less than impressed. if Blurb think it’s a fault on our end they’ve got rocks in their head. We didn’t all spend hours and hours and hours and hours on our projects to then not save them.

Posted by
fordfever001
Dec 5, 2011 2:25am PDT
fordfever001

Ok, I’ve been working on a book for a couple months on bookify. I KNOW I was signed in, I KNOW it was saved, I had used it for many weeks putting this project together, now today….GONE GONE GONE…It shows NO PROJECTS IN MY ACCOUNT!!

Posted by
tcontrino
Feb 11, 2012 1:52pm PDT
tcontrino

My text was gone after I tried to rearrange the format.

Why it’s not designed to be saved unless I delete. And even then we should have an acsess toa trash bin. Besides How come the soaftwear that was born in 21 century does not have a spell check.

Come on people..that’s the basic,  ABC 

So far no one responded with solution about the lost work.

Does Customer service or technical support reads our posts?
I’m trying to finish this book for my husband’s BD and don’t have much time.

H E L P !!!!!

Posted by
igemini48
Feb 11, 2012 8:23pm PDT
igemini48

http://www.blurb.com/about/community_guidelines/#support_help

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Feb 12, 2012 1:42am PDT
tfrankland

yes mine has gone / it was for a work project i hoped to present but i am going to find another company after reading this forum

Posted by
anne1066
Feb 15, 2012 10:35am PDT
anne1066

Hi anne1066,

It looks like you’ve got multiple usernames with different associated email addresses, and support is still trying to figure out which one you were using while working on your book. Please follow up with them directly to hopefully find your project.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Feb 15, 2012 1:23pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Same problem for us … our project was deleted! I can’t believe it. months of work, just gone. Through an old link i can go in and edit the book as normal, I was even able to upload new photos to the ‘project’ but it just doesn’t save. what a tease. 

I’ll have to go and repeat the book. Why would I use bookify to do this again if everyone’s having these problems?!  If anyone can help retrieve the book we would reconsider …

thanks,

Wil

Posted by
wilos72
Mar 1, 2012 4:49am PDT
wilos72

Hi wilos72,

Sorry to hear your project was deleted. We do notify you 10 days and 24 hours prior to your book being removed after 45 continuous days of non-use. Support may be able to help so please let them know the situation.

I’ll be locking this post as it’s quite old and users should contact support about issues like this rather than looking to the Blurb community for help.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Mar 1, 2012 9:13am PDT
csm Icon_staff