Bookify

Locked Relaunch Bookify help.

Right in the middle of several books. Have finished one with no problems. Now I amunable to relaunch Bookify. Keep geeting error message and ask to restart. I have cleaned cache, restarted computer, tried different browsers – nothing.

If you have the same problem or now the solution, let me know.

Blurb customer service is of no help.

Posted by
arthawaii
Sep 3, 2011 3:52pm PDT
arthawaii

Having the exact same problem? Did you get a solution?

Amy

Posted by
amybandolik
Sep 3, 2011 4:01pm PDT
amybandolik

Amy – I have tried everything. I tried making a new book only to get started and se that Bookify will not launch. I had spent hours on two other books and then Bookify failed to relaunch right in the middle of the process. Let me know if you get an answer.

Posted by
arthawaii
Sep 3, 2011 4:06pm PDT
arthawaii

Hi,

See my post in this thread and let us know if you see any other issues.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Sep 3, 2011 8:48pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Hi Craig,
now I open my project in Bookify without incident … but all my photos are lost! I have used Bookify for Instagram. The photo library is empty. In my book now the text pages are ok and the photo pages are empty.

Can you help me?
Thank you

Francesco

Posted by
franz0
Sep 4, 2011 1:25am PDT
franz0

I am having the SAME problem. I can open it and the layout and text are in tact… but photos are all gone from my pages and the library! please help. Amy

Posted by
amybandolik
Sep 4, 2011 5:32am PDT
amybandolik

Me too! Couldn’t launch Bookify all day yesterday. Once I could, everything was missing in my 128-page book that I was about to complete!! Has anyone been able to figure out what’s going on? – Laura

Posted by
lhhowe
Sep 4, 2011 7:04am PDT
lhhowe

I downloaded the browser "Chrome" from Google and it seems to work now.

Posted by
arthawaii
Sep 4, 2011 10:23am PDT
arthawaii

Might have a solution: I downloaded the browser "Chrome" from Google and everything seems to work.

Posted by
arthawaii
Sep 4, 2011 10:25am PDT
arthawaii

I have the same problem, AND am using Chrome but everything is still lost. Spent my entire weekend making 4 books @160pgs each….Waiting and hoping that it’s a Blurb server issue and that they can reload all my pics asap.

Posted by
SprogSmith
Sep 8, 2011 4:20am PDT
SprogSmith

Today is September 8. The problems with server still exist. I am sure Blurb staff is fully awareof it, otherwise why they would be ignoring the complain posts? My 200+ pictures ( and 3 projects) are gone…( but unlike yesterday I was able to log in today to see that)). Don’t blame your computers and don’t rush to change your settings, it is a Blurb problem. They just need to learn to admit it.

Posted by
JulRad
Sep 8, 2011 6:34am PDT
JulRad

Same here.  Could not launch yesterday or this morning, and now that I’m just able to get in, all photos are gone…

Posted by
ChrisB7
Sep 8, 2011 12:02pm PDT
ChrisB7

Hi all,

We are definitely feeling your pain here at Blurb HQ. While Bookify is operational, we’ve been hit with some rather unfortunate technical problems that is affecting some book projects. If your project is missing images please let us know (if you haven’t done so already) and we’ll do our best to make things right. Thanks for hanging in there.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Sep 8, 2011 12:10pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

I have been getting emails saying ‘Last chance to order your book’ but if you want to continue editing [which i do want to] then i may do so and that will let them know that I am still around. It has taken many hours to create my book and i do not want to see it [and my precious time] kicked off Blurb just because of the fault of trying to get to Bookify to edit my book. I also get the ‘error’ message. I am hoping my book is still in Blurb. I have been trying to edit my book for 2 weeks now. Just cannot get to Bookify. It started out that I had 15 days to order my book [I have not been able to edit it yet] and now it’s down to 4 days. Blurb HQ please do not send my book to the bin!!
It was a breeze making the first 3 books, but this one[the one i have worked the longest with] is hard yakka and it is also the one that I am so looking forward to, to see in print. – Ettie

Posted by
bubbagoon
Sep 13, 2011 4:43pm PDT
bubbagoon

a customer tried to add my book to cart and got the message invalid product option. on the forums i see that this is a long standing problem. it took me a while to put my book on blurb. what is going on? you say there’s a fix being worked on, but that was over a month ago? i’m losing customers

Posted by
tintincapone
Sep 17, 2011 5:49am PDT
tintincapone

Sorry this is going to be long but sooooo glad i found this page same problem did first book no problems wonderful. Started next four books taking hours and weeks then offer of 25% came up and trying to finish was a "nightmare" keep getting relaunch message every 5 mins but most of time had to log off, had to stay up for nights on end to get done!!! I have contacted customer support several times with different issues also.   Now this book things are even worse takes over 5 mins to load book and message to increase storage capacity click below which I keep doing and doing and doing over and over till I just had to log out again as was getting soooooo frustrated with it. Now can’t complete book again and there is another offer, do you think it is because everyone is trying to get done for the end of the offers.    If anyone reads this far you also have understood the frustration Thank You 

Posted by
jennyfaulks
Oct 18, 2011 1:38pm PDT
jennyfaulks

I AM HAVING SAME PROBLEM, BUT NO HELP AS OF YET

Posted by
poohbear0415
Nov 11, 2011 8:06pm PDT
poohbear0415

I am glad I am not the only one – I am not hugely technical, but thought this was a great idea but I can’t get my book to load either – and have had no reply as yet from customer services – I have a 2-year old and my time on the computer is very limited!! It’s supposed to be a xmas present for my husband. Very worried that you are all losing photos and everything – it took me a whole day to upload them!!

Posted by
sigridhunter
Nov 12, 2011 3:15am PDT
sigridhunter

i just got a response said it was working fine on their side i have tried 3 different browser, cleaned every thing up on computer and it still does not launch for me. i guess they do not care at all the time we put into making our books means anything to them. i checked out other sites and they are way to expensive, i thought blub was great, but i guess not. i am so disappointed

Posted by
poohbear0415
Nov 12, 2011 12:20pm PDT
poohbear0415

no help.. guess shutterfly will get my business from now on…
http://www.shutterfly.com/?pid=SFLY&psid=WEB

Posted by
bclement
Dec 11, 2011 11:29am PDT
bclement

I’m having the same issue. It stopped me in the middle of an edit and it won’t relaunch.

Posted by
mc1book
Dec 11, 2011 5:21pm PDT
mc1book

Does anyone know if the Shutterfly books are of the same quality as the Blurb books? I purposely put my time aside to work on my Blurb book and now this. This is beyond frustrating.

Posted by
mc1book
Dec 11, 2011 5:24pm PDT
mc1book

I have just spent HOURS creating a bookify book…saving it along the way….200 pages! And there is now NO record of it in my account. I have emailed customer service….let’s see if they get back to me. Has anyone had their issue resolved?

Posted by
zahnpithers
Dec 16, 2011 3:52am PDT
zahnpithers

I am a professional photographer and will be spreading the bad word about Blurb if they do not offer compensation or fix the problem.

Posted by
zahnpithers
Dec 16, 2011 3:55am PDT
zahnpithers