Bookify

Two-page spread in bookify?

Is it possible to do two-page spreads in bookify, or would I need to use booksmart instead?

Thanks. H.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
hermitknut
Aug 19, 2012 2:57am PDT
hermitknut

There isn’t a two-page spread design option, but you can do two page spreads manually. If you look at this book of mine you’ll see the results.

From this FAQ you can calculate the size that the image would need to be (twice the page size shown) then in an image editing application such as Photoshop or GIMP (which is free) compose and crop your photo to those dimensions. When you are happy with the result you need to chop the photo in half so you have a left-page image and a right-page image. You can then place these on adjacent facing pages to get your two page spread.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 29, 2012 1:46am PDT
tfrankland

Tony – great book – well done !!!

Posted by
ainescannell
Sep 22, 2012 12:54pm PDT
ainescannell

Thanks for that!

I think most of the praise should go to my friend Angie who had the courage to let me include her failures as well as her sucesses – if the roles had been reversed I’m not so sure I would have been as cooperative.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 22, 2012 3:17pm PDT
tfrankland

Simply place the image twice, once on the left page and once on the right page. Make sure they both have a layout that bleeds (spreads over) to the gutter. Now just move the images within their frames until they line up exactly. If you zoom one image be sure to zoom the other by the same amount. For books with many pages (100+) your gutter gap will feel larger and you may want some overlap between the two images so it looks continuous with the bulge of the pages. Have fun!

Posted by
impossibleco
Dec 17, 2013 6:24am PDT
impossibleco