Bookify

Locked Upload Issues

I took Bookify for a spin today and was left with mixed feelings. I like the streamlined process but I uploaded 48 photos and Bookify only showed 39 when I moved on to the next step. When I saved and reopened the book, the number of photos Bookify showed varied anywhere from 18 to 30 something each time.

I know it’s early on in the launch process, but I hold function high among the traits of things I latch on to. Anyone else have this issue, and/or a fix?

Posted by
carlcostas
Oct 19, 2010 2:36pm PDT
carlcostas

I am having the same issue. I uploaded 30 photos but only 20 of them appeared in the photostream. I started over and the second time only 10 out of 30 appeared. When I saved and reopened, it was the same 10 (points for consistency?). I reuploaded 4 of them, and only 2 actually came through. Uploaded another 4 and 1 more came through. Next set of 4? 3 out of 4.

Then I thought maybe it was the browser, since I’m using Chrome. So, I tried Firefox. Still just as spotty.

So much for the CEO’s promise from the press release that Bookify will enable me to finish a book “tonight.”

Posted by
afauchier
Oct 19, 2010 3:53pm PDT
afauchier

Following up on my last post, I’m not sure if Blurb made some quick software changes — Bookify went down for a little while I was working on my book — but after the downtime, all of the photos did come through (and the ones that I’d re-added appeared twice). Working great now.

That’s what we get for using it on the first day of release!

Posted by
afauchier
Oct 20, 2010 9:21am PDT
afauchier

Hi carlcostas and afauchier,

This slight hiccup should now be resolved. If you (or others reading this) are still seeing dissappearing images please contact support. Thanks your patience with this new offering!

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Oct 20, 2010 11:01am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Well, I don’t feel alone. I tried to create a Bookify with about 200 images, averaging about 200 kb per image (mostly vintage B&W). Thumbnail images popped up on my monitor and I could see the uploading proceeding image by image. However, the process stopped at about the 30th image. Tried multiple times over two days, but the most I could ever upload was ~60 images. I was prompted to go to BookSmart for faster uploads if I had many images. I did and had no problem finishing a 38 page book with most of my images. I even received the 25% Bookify promo discount. Bookify is not ready for prime time- at least for >60 images.

Posted by
Bobkramp
Oct 26, 2010 10:22am PDT
Bobkramp

Once you’ve started a book in Bookify, can you edit/add to it using Booksmart? The upload issue in Bookify is frustrating.

Posted by
cc8
Nov 7, 2010 3:35pm PDT
cc8

I am having trouble uploading my book. I keep getting an error message. Unable to connect to blurb. Yet, my first copy went without any issues, now my final copy won’t work. all that work and no book to show for it!!

Posted by
jeanclarke
Mar 31, 2011 5:10pm PDT
jeanclarke

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear about this. Please contact us at customer support for assistance.

As this is an old thread I’m going to lock it to keep things current.

Regards,
Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Apr 1, 2011 8:20am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff