Bookify

Bookify and full bleed

Is there an easy way to bleed a picture across a spread?

Currently I’m adding the same picture to both left and right, getting the same zoom on each side, and then using the keyboard arrows to nudge each image – essentially doing the bleed by eye. It looks right on a large screen, but I keep thinking Bookify seems so well thought-out that there must be a better idiot-proof way of doing this.

John

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
johnbeardy
Apr 15, 2011 4:26am PDT
johnbeardy

I have the exact same issue… someone please reply.

Merci!!

Posted by
mango_maman
Jul 11, 2011 9:45am PDT
mango_maman

Nope, I tried doing quite a bit of research when I worked on my book, but doing it by hand seems to be the only way for now. The only concern is potential distortion by the gutter (what part of the middle of the image is "lost’ because of the binding). One tip I read somewhere to address this issue as well as split the image perfectly in half is to open the photo in a photo editor and crop it one-half the width PLUS 1/8th of an inch (up to 1/4th depending on how thick of a book you’re making). Do the left side and the right side so that you end up with an image for the left page that is the left half plus a little extra on the right side (gutter side) and likewise an image for the right page that is the right half plus a little extra on the left side (gutter side). When you insert the images in the full bleed page, make sure the zoom settings are the same. It will be off a bit but this would account for the gutter.

I hope that made sense. And of course, this is all hearsay for now. I’m waiting for my book to arrive and will follow up if it worked!

Posted by
nomnomcat
Jul 29, 2011 4:00pm PDT
nomnomcat