Tips and Tricks

Auto Flow not working

I originally dumped a lot of Word text onto several pages. Originally it flowed, but the yellow warning made me think I had too much text on the page, so I messed with the amount of text.  Now there is no auto flow.  (Blurb seems to be telling me to ignore the yellow warning on the amount of text. And that problem may have been because Booksmart wants to add a header to my pages.)

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
eve
Oct 30, 2007 7:36am PDT
eve

Hello eve;

I’m not sure I understand your post! (Probably me being dim!)

Are you expecting text to auto-flow across pages?

As far as I understand it, BookSmart’s "AutoFlow" is only to allow a mass import of images from the thumbnails panel into a string of image pages…

Or, are you saying that, as a result of your playing with a text page, your "image autoflow" no longer works?

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Oct 30, 2007 9:32am PDT
lkb-28

Eve,

Please take Lee’s advice or suggestion. That is to say, Auto Flow feature works with especially with large amount of images (or the ones who prefer “advanced techniques to import professional designed created on Adobe InDesign/Photoshop CS3 into BookSmart app). Auto Flow doesn’t work with import of text by itself.

To remedy this, you need to do ‘cut and paste’ manually and it is very painfully slow as snail process by cutting and pasting text from Word docs into BookSmart app.

Hope that helps, no?

Posted by
brianbonitz
Oct 30, 2007 10:24am PDT
brianbonitz

Thanks for the tips. I  was trying to avoid cut and past.  I may choose my final font and start over by dumping it into Blurb. For the record, I don’t have any images yet; my book will be mostly text. It originally flowed nicely from page to page. When I changed fonts, it didn’t automatically re-paginate (is that the word?).  

Posted by
eve
Nov 2, 2007 9:55am PDT
eve

I have been seeing similar issues with automactic text page re-pagination. I have about 80 pages of taxt that was copy & pasted from word. Performance is extremely slow. About 1 minute to update a simple text edit.

I did not see these performance issue when the book was mainly images.

Any ideas what is wrong with creating text based books with blurb? 

Posted by
sgspenceley
Nov 15, 2007 2:59pm PDT
sgspenceley

When I use autofilow it doesn’t seem to work properly. I numberd my pages in order so it would load in this order. It did not. iimages are mixed up and there are many blank pages in between others. Am I doing someting wrong here? please help!

Elizabeth 

Posted by
EELady
Nov 23, 2007 3:54pm PDT
EELady