Tips and Tricks

Applying same text layout to 300+ page (all at once?) Please help!

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. There has got to be a way to do this other than clicking each and every one of my 300 pages and changing the text layout individually!

I have imported my blog into the booksmart software and it defaults to a text layout that has some text and some pictures. I have no pictures and want to choose the simple, text only, layout. I can easily do this one page at a time but can’t figure out how to apply it to all 300 pages. And yes, I’ve tried selecting more than one page (or entry as it may be) and applying the change. Nothing happens. Please help! I would be so appreciative! 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Ellensays
Dec 5, 2011 8:55am PDT
Ellensays

If You get the answer, please tell me. There has to be a select all pages function somewhere?

Posted by
MenL
Jan 9, 2012 2:58pm PDT
MenL

Ellensays,

I’m not at home and can’t open the Blurb software here at work but as a user I don’t think you can do it all at once like you desire.  But the other option is to create the first page layout like you want and then go up to the "duplicate the page" (there is a combination key stroke for this) and hold it down until all your pages are there for you.  It should start filling in the same layout as you hold down the key combination.

Posted by
CJAYJR
Jan 31, 2012 11:08am PDT
CJAYJR

I press duplicate page once and then place the cursor on the new page and then paste my text from word. Every page it creates is the same as the one I duplicated. My book has over 200 pages.

Posted by
jennyt
Mar 19, 2012 2:13pm PDT
jennyt