Tips and Tricks

Made a 300 pages 13x11 and want to make it in 8x10.

Do I have to create a new book and do everything again from scratch ?

Can’t I open the book and change the size ?

Please help, thank you.

Omalingue

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
omalingue
Nov 29, 2007 7:51am PDT
omalingue

Regrettably – you need to start again…

For a whole bunch of reasons, there’s no way to "import" an existing book into a new size format…

Good luck!

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Nov 29, 2007 8:19am PDT
lkb-28

I think this is what I am going to do.

Posted by
macpherson
Nov 29, 2007 11:03am PDT
macpherson

Ok, sorry to hear that, I’ll do it again, thank you very much for your prompt answer.

Posted by
omalingue
Nov 30, 2007 2:28am PDT
omalingue

got the same but reverse, might want to make a book in bigger size but I dread to think to redo all the pages so you might want to add this to your list of new functionalities:)

Posted by
naftalina007
Dec 17, 2007 2:37am PDT
naftalina007

I would agree that this would be a nice option to have, especially being able to go from smaller to bigger.  I realize that three might be adjustments required afterwards, but it would be nice if I wanted to take my 8×10 book into an 11×13 if there was a tool to do the basic conversion.   My first (only so far) book was an 8×10 that as soon as I received it I wish I’d made as an 11×13, but I don’t really want to start over completely.

Posted by
dennisgolfer
Feb 1, 2008 2:29pm PDT
dennisgolfer

Hi everybody,
We hear you here at Blurb, and we agree that changing the book trim size would be a great feature to add to BookSmart. While I can’t promise that it will happen, I can tell you that this is something the design and engineering teams are actively exploring and we’re doing everything we can to make this a reality down the road.

Happy bookmaking!
alysha

Posted by
alysha
Feb 1, 2008 5:25pm PDT
alysha