Tips and Tricks

bleed question

When I go to preview for some of my full page images it is showing a little line of white even though the picture is maximized.  Moving it around doesn’t change this either.

Should I be worried about this?  Or will it be fine since I’ll lose 1/8th of it once it’s printed?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
barry.choi
Dec 2, 2007 10:09pm PDT
barry.choi

Hello barry.choi;

I suspect what you’re seeing is a display flaw in BookSmart…

In preview mode – try zooming in… Normally the white line dissappears at some stage…

If it looks OK at 100% in preview mode, I would be confident that the print would be fine…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Dec 3, 2007 8:51am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee, 

In preview mode some of the full page images look fine some have that little whit eline I spoke of.  100% – 250% eliminates it in some instances.

As mentioned I’m positive there is nothing wrong with my images as if I maximize them the sane problem is still there.

Since it’s random should I assume it’s a flaw.  Do you think it’ll even matter once the book is cut?

Thanks 

Posted by
barry.choi
Dec 14, 2007 10:08am PDT
barry.choi

This is happening to me, too, on my cover. No matter how I move it or enlarge it, there is always at least one side with a little white edge. Will it look this way when printed?

Posted by
signorina_m
Dec 28, 2007 8:26pm PDT
signorina_m

For what it’s worth, I had the opposite problem. 1/8" wasn’t enough bleed margin & I had to use 1/4" to keep critical info at the edge of the image.

Posted by
PhotosGuy
Jan 13, 2008 9:57pm PDT
PhotosGuy