Tips and Tricks

Can't tell a book by it's cover.

I have made a few books, that are almost the same, but altered a little for different clients. The back of the cover, a few inside pages.

I want the cover to remain exactly the same, but I want to know which book is different for which client.  It seems the name of the book is always what the title is.

Is there anyway to name the book other than what you have called it on the cover page?

Example. My book is named TREES. I made one for Bob and one for Bill. I want them both to have just  TREES on the cover, but which is Bills and which is Bobs? I don’t want it to say Bobs Trees, or Bills Trees on the cover.

Thanks in advance.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
mmartenmjm
Dec 14, 2007 11:20am PDT
mmartenmjm

I have three of the same books uploaded into Blurb.  In blurb on the website I edited the details of the book and called them different titles ie. Book Title (gray version).  It doesn’t change the cover of the book at all but I can tell the difference when I order the book.

Posted by
mforbes321
Dec 14, 2007 11:27am PDT
mforbes321

I had the same problem and the only thing I can come up with is you either change the backround colour of the cover or perhaps the picture on the front or the font that you use so that when you look at it on your dashboard before ordering it you will be able to tell (eg. Bobs trees has a blue backround and Bills has a green backround)  Hope this of help.

Barry

Posted by
bricky
Dec 16, 2007 8:18am PDT
bricky

I am brand new to this, so I may be wrong.  The title page and cover are linked to have the same text, so changing one will change the other.  But I THINK you can change the layout of the title page to a layout that isn’t necessarily a title page layout, just a general photo or text layout.  This way they won’t be linked, and you can change one without changing the other.  Again, I just started making books so I could be completely off base, but it may be worth a try :)

Good luck!

Posted by
pollierae
Dec 22, 2007 11:01am PDT
pollierae

ok, re-reading your question… I probably didn’t answer the question you were asking.  Sorry!

Posted by
pollierae
Dec 22, 2007 11:02am PDT
pollierae

I’m not sure if my suggestion would help but if you want the main title
for both people to be Trees, Why not try adding a subtitle in a smaller
or different style of font to help with the difference from the two books.
Now I’m not sure how much trouble this will be for you to do each time
you order. My cover shows the main tilte as Touched by the Spirit’s Wings with
subtitle reading God’s Winged Blessings. Hope this helps.

Posted by
calico
Jan 17, 2008 1:12pm PDT
calico