Tips and Tricks

How can I move an entire page from one booksmart book to another?

Mid-way through creating a cookbook I decided I should really split it into two different books.  Is there a way I can import the completed pages from my first book into my second book?  I’ve tried highlighting the entire page and copy/paste but it didn’t work.  Also it seems you can’t have two books open at once?  (Have to keep going to the file menu to open the book to select the text then to back to open the other to paste the text, etc)

Thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
bsdoctors
Dec 30, 2007 10:46am PDT
bsdoctors

Suggestion – export the book and re-import it as a different book (i.e. create  ane wbook and impoprt the book you exported). Delete the stuff you don’t want out of the first book, then delete the stuff out of the second book you don’t want.

Posted by
thompp
Dec 31, 2007 7:41am PDT
thompp

Is that seriously the only way to do it!? I am wanting to do the same thing. 

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Posted by
Riggott
Feb 21, 2011 12:44pm PDT
Riggott

Is there still no way to copy pages from one book to another? I just spent 2 hours workng on the wrong version of my book and I really want to import the pages I completed to the more advanced version.  From my searches people have been complaining about this for at least 5 years.

Posted by
alexruthe
Jun 5, 2011 9:36am PDT
alexruthe

Can someone from Blurb comment on this?  I also need to do the same.  I have a completed book that I want to merge into a second book that I’ve started.  It would be a lot of work to re-start the 2nd book or import the pictures only and having to work on each page format again.

Posted by
Vernonmom
Aug 28, 2011 6:09am PDT
Vernonmom

any updates on this?

Posted by
simple_chi
Jun 18, 2012 10:39am PDT
simple_chi

I as well would love to get a solution for this. I’m trying to work on a book with a friend and it would be great if we could both work on our own computers and then just import pages to compile the book on one computer.

Posted by
samsayshe
Oct 22, 2012 7:45pm PDT
samsayshe

I really have to wonder how the Blurb support folks decide which threads to respond to.  This is a simple question that has been here, unanswered, for over five years.  If it can’t be done, why don’t they just post a message to that extent and people can move on?

Posted by
Pknight11
Mar 21, 2013 4:52am PDT
Pknight11

There is no facility to do that.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 22, 2013 1:36am PDT
tfrankland

WARNING:
Just be careful and don’t trust the software (booksmart) failed me and I lost 6 months of work.
Check it and double check your files often and then check again for safety sake. Make more than 1 backup copy.
Still nothing new this year on the software or updates so just be careful

Posted by
BellaMoore
Dec 10, 2013 10:04am PDT
BellaMoore

I split my book, then decided it wasn’t cost efficient to print two volumes—stuck and lost all the work I’d just spent so much time working on. Melding would be a wonderful option!

Posted by
lahr
Dec 30, 2013 12:31pm PDT
lahr