Tips and Tricks

Dust jacket protector

I am trying to find a source for clear plastic dust jacket protectors for my book.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
rosaliecarls
Jan 16, 2008 1:44pm PDT
rosaliecarls

Also looking – this has been a request since I gave photo books as Xmas gifts!

Thanks for any suggestions… 

Posted by
djmendez
Jan 18, 2008 1:10am PDT
djmendez

http://www.care4books.com/site/page.asp

Although UK based, they do ship internationally.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jan 18, 2008 6:12am PDT
tfrankland

<font color="#0066cc">http://www.shopbrodart.com/</font>
Posted by
danmurphyart
Jan 22, 2008 3:34am PDT
danmurphyart

Great, thanks for the links Tony and danmurphyart!

-Derek 

Posted by
djmendez
Jan 22, 2008 10:41pm PDT
djmendez

What’s underneath the jacket book cover? They don’t show any pictures of it.

Posted by
sondrallong
Jan 28, 2008 4:05pm PDT
sondrallong

Can you remove page numbers? I have pages in my project that don’t have numbers. Can I just remove them all?

Posted by
sondrallong
Jan 28, 2008 4:07pm PDT
sondrallong

Most Antiquarian booksellers carry and sell protective clear plastic covers for their collectable books. The brand name that comes to mind is Brodart, but I’m sure there are others as well. They come in many sizes and prices and are very easy to place on your books.

Posted by
bookguy1
Feb 11, 2008 4:32pm PDT
bookguy1

check out your local library- that’s where I got mine (they were really nice and gave me one, but I bet if your local library won’t give you one they will tell you where you can get one.)

good luck. 

Posted by
mmj802
Mar 16, 2008 6:04pm PDT
mmj802

Another way of protecting the dust jacket is to have a book binder make a custom slip case- that’s maybe more than most people want to spend, but I’ve found that the price on a slip cased hard cover book can go much higher because of the percieved higher value/quality  due to this kind of presentation. It pays for itself and then some. And book binders are not as hard to find as one migh think….....

Posted by
cantudoit2
Mar 17, 2008 11:10am PDT
cantudoit2

PETER HOLM DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY will very soon be offering … [Forum post removed by moderator].

Posted by
phcphc
Jun 11, 2008 11:34am PDT
phcphc

Peter,

Blurb Forum Policies include…...

This Space is Not for Rent
Promoting your book in the Forums is not only allowed, but very much encouraged. However, posts about miracle weight-loss pills and get-rich-quick schemes are not. Also, regardless of its validity, posting the same message over and over across different threads is considered spamming. In short, we don’t allow advertisements or spam of any kind. If you come across any ads or spam on the Forums, give us a holler at “forums at blurb dot com,” and we’ll get rid of it.

Your post is obviously an advert, so not allowed. You have posted this more than once in the forums which means it is also spam, which is not allowed.

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 11, 2008 12:08pm PDT
tfrankland

I apoligize. Actually just wanted to share my enthusiasm after a long search for a solution. A solution I see many others are looking for. Please forgive.

Posted by
phcphc
Jun 11, 2008 1:30pm PDT
phcphc

Hello

Does anyone have any feedback on the two sites suggested on this forum (Care4Books and Brodart)?  In particular, which specific product is best to use?  I am based in Hong Kong so not able to go into the shops and have a look at the various protectors avaiable.  Any recommendations much appreciated.  It’s difficult to make a decision based on the websites.

Judith.

Posted by
judithoj
Jun 25, 2008 12:50am PDT
judithoj

http://www.photobookboxes.com/ have some protective covers. They are not plastic, though, but they look quite nice.

Posted by
NicolajK
Jun 27, 2008 2:03am PDT
NicolajK

I haven’t even published my first book yet, but I already want an extra dust cover!  Am I the only one?

Posted by
daliabloze
Jul 8, 2008 6:08pm PDT
daliabloze