Tips and Tricks

one last photoshop quest...promise :)

One last question for anyone who happens to own photoshop elements, does it come with a directions book on how to use it?  I know this sounds like an odd question, but I downloaded the free trial and do not have a clue even where to start.  I am actually pretty good with a computer.  I even teach a couple of classes online but this I can not figure out-lol.  Thanks again!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
erosmond
Jan 31, 2008 5:45pm PDT
erosmond

Try the Missing Manual series by Barbara Brundage.

Posted by
TomM
Jan 31, 2008 7:13pm PDT
TomM

I dont have elements but I know P.S. comes with NADA.  So I would assume elements comes with less than nada.

Posted by
oaxacamatt1
Feb 4, 2008 8:12pm PDT
oaxacamatt1

A legal copy of either software purchased from a reputable vendor will have a manual.  And it is a hefty manual at that.  For all their virtues, Photoshop products are not especially user-friendly.  The manual is a big help.  So is simply playing with the program.

Posted by
herpteacher
Feb 11, 2008 3:42pm PDT
herpteacher

Hi All,

I just bought a legal copy of Elements in a factory sealed box, and it does not come with a printed manual other than a "Getting Started Guide" which largely explains how to use their "Help" function which is online and very … well, helpful.

Posted by
dagree
Feb 11, 2008 6:14pm PDT
dagree

Normally they come with a PDF user guide (on the disc), most software from adobe will not come with a massive manual as they sell this separately (cash cow) check Amazon etc for the official books although the Quick Start guide books are much more useful…

Posted by
sbrazil
Feb 16, 2008 10:14am PDT
sbrazil

My apologies . . . I stand corrected!  My software is a couple of years old and came with 1" manual.  I am finding more and more software coming with the manual as a read-me file on the disk. 

Posted by
herpteacher
Feb 19, 2008 5:33pm PDT
herpteacher

dear erosmond,

i have an awesome manual for my "elements" program, and i think i remember that i bought it at a big bookstore like "books-a-million" or "borders."  the bookstores also offer advanced photoshop-technique books with some crazy cool stuff in them.  i also found a woman who is a photoshop expert & had her come over to give me a couple of lessons.  also, some local colleges or adult education programs offer classes.  happy hunting!  helen

Posted by
dibenedetto
Feb 21, 2008 1:58pm PDT
dibenedetto

Along with other participants’ helpful tips or guide, you might want to take a look at self-help online within Photoshop Help under Menu, where you get some pretty good tips or pretty much self explanatory help through Photoshop’s onscreen help.

Hope that helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Feb 22, 2008 4:38pm PDT
brianbonitz