Tips and Tricks

Flow to Full Bleed with custom page layouts

I should play with the software before I ask, but I am too much in a hurry, so I thought I’d ask: when I allowed my 270 pg set of carefully numbered custom lay-out pages into the template I’d chosen – (what’s it called? I’m getting mixed up with iPhoto – darkroom? The one with all black backgrounds) – I’d changed the first few page templates to full page/full bleed, and expected the rest of the pages to go full bleed automatically. Instead, I had to change each of those pages by hand. Is there a trick to make this easier?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
murphyspubli
Feb 27, 2008 11:09am PDT
murphyspubli

So I played with the software. I opened the package. I tried to find the place in the code where the default boy page style for Darkroom was stipulated, so that I could replace it with “blank.” But I don’t read this code well enough to know what I’m doing. So I’m begging somebody here – can you point me to the place in the software where I can over-ride the default pages and substitute blank pages so that I don’t spend the rest of my life having to change these pages one by one???? Isn’t there some way to batch change a number of pages at one? (Not by using the interface as it stands, there isn’t.)

Do I need a sexier title for this topic to catch somebody’s interest?

Posted by
murphyspubli
Feb 28, 2008 12:44pm PDT
murphyspubli

Hi murphyspubli,

Here’s a shortcut: create 10 pages each using a full bleed layout. Select all ten in the page thumbnail section (click the first, then shift click the last of a contiguous group). Choose copy and then paste – do this several times. Each time will add 10 full bleed layouts. Takes about a minute to get to 300 pages of full bleed layouts.

Hope that helps.

Gareth 

Posted by
gman
Feb 28, 2008 1:58pm PDT
gman

Thanks Gareth! I just found your answer. And the truth is, with this new software (and maybe in the old, I’m such an idiot), I found that if I chose picture book from the type of book, I came up with a full bleed page by default. Sometimes I’m so eager to start, I don’t play enough so that I can discover things.

In the new software, there’s a page with a margin all the way around. I had hoped that it was only a 1/8th or 1/4 inch margin, but it seems to be somewhat wider than that. I’m trying to import a full page that will float in the middle of the template page so that I’ve got the trims clear all the way around – not quite full bleed, but close. I’ve got to play with what’s here.

Posted by
murphyspubli
Jun 10, 2008 3:17pm PDT
murphyspubli