Tips and Tricks

save to disc?

how do you save a finished book to a disc? please help i have it ready to publish and want to save it to disc.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
streetashes
Feb 29, 2008 2:05pm PDT
streetashes

Ashley,

as you work on your book it is automatically saved to disk. But if you are wanting a backup copy to put somewhere safe the easiest way is to go to tthe File Menu and select Backup/Export book. This options will take all the miriad files that make up ypur book and export them to single file that you can copy somewhere safe or move to a different PC/MAC.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Feb 29, 2008 2:30pm PDT
tfrankland

thanks tony!

Posted by
streetashes
Apr 6, 2008 4:04pm PDT
streetashes

Hi, I have done the backup/export, but when I want to open the file, it says can not open – program missing.

Posted by
hsnajdrova
May 6, 2008 6:01am PDT
hsnajdrova

Instead of clicking on the .book file open BookSMart, go to File…..Import Book, then navigate to the file you backed up to and select it.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 6, 2008 6:26am PDT
tfrankland

I would like to make a DVD of my book but I’m having the same problem.  Once it is exported I can’t do anything with the file.  Am I missing something???

maureen

Posted by
maureen.r
May 7, 2008 5:30pm PDT
maureen.r

Maureen,

I am afraid that you get the wrong impression that Blurb BookSmart would create a DVD version book. It is actually a book-making application to create a physical book.

To remedy this, you need a special application, something like iDVD application on side of Macintosh. There are fairly variety of DVD authoring applications avaliable for Window-based computer.

Hope that helps. 

Posted by
brianbonitz
May 7, 2008 8:42pm PDT
brianbonitz

I have tried to safe my book for backup.

After exporting in Documents (Mac) when I try to open the file this message comes up.
Unreadable File:1
unrecognized format and tries to open in iPhoto.

Posted by
merry
Sep 9, 2008 9:23pm PDT
merry

Merry,

it sounds as if you are trying to open the .book file directly. As stated above you need to start BookSmart then do a File…..Import Book.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 10, 2008 12:24am PDT
tfrankland

Hello. I would like to comparison price shop with various printing companies in the US and overseas for the printing of a book I designed on BookSmart. Does anyone know if another printing company can print from a disk to which I exported my book as described in this blog or must one use Blurb (and only Blurb) to print from this program?

Also when I export my book to disk, ALL of my books are exported to the disk rather than the one I chose to export. Anyone know how to prevent this?

Posted by
SHoliman
Sep 23, 2011 1:05pm PDT
SHoliman