Tips and Tricks

Badge to Blogspot Blog

Has anyone been able to place a Blurb badge on a Blogspot Blog? I tried several times to cut and paste the badge code into the code for the sidebar on my blog. I could see the Blurb badge, but the rest of the sidebar was exploded into gibberish. I had no trouble placing the flicker badge, nor adding other pieces of code.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
macatay
Apr 3, 2008 12:32pm PDT
macatay

Here is my answer to my own question. With a little more care, I was able to place the badge in the blogspot sidebar. One problem seemed to be cutting all of the code from the Blurb page – it was easy on my system to get just part of the code. Once I had copied the full code, I was able to place it above the Flickr badge. One piece of HTML code ( the line break <br/> code) gave me the necessary space between the blurb badge and the Flickr bade.

One final note: When the badge is generated, it slurps up the subtitle. In my case, the subtitle is too long and trails off the badge….. Is it asking too much to be able to edit this?

Posted by
macatay
Apr 3, 2008 6:42pm PDT
macatay

Why not just Screen Grab the Badge edit it to size, then add the link to the image.

Posted by
sbrazil
Apr 10, 2008 9:10am PDT
sbrazil

It is simple to add the badge to blogspot. Go to your layout page on blogspot and click on a"Add a page element" then select "HTML/Javascript" and paste your code in. Then move your badge to your desired location

Posted by
VE6AB
Apr 21, 2008 7:35pm PDT
VE6AB