Tips and Tricks

Editing the current book

Since my book was selected in ‘Staff’s Pick’, it got a good number of people viewing.  I want to make a few changes in this book and re-uploading by the same title because this book was a sort of the test version to me.  If I upload the new book without deleting the old one, do I still lose all the privilege I got for the first book?  Is my new book not ’staff’s Pick’ any longer?  Please help me what I should do….Toshio 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
tamatama
Apr 13, 2008 6:07am PDT
tamatama

Hi tamatama,

You’re correct. If you delete your book, it will no longer be on our Staff Pick list. If you upload a new one, it will not replace the original one.

Hope that helps.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Apr 14, 2008 5:44pm PDT
kathybad

Hello, I just published my first book which was great fun to create. The book is an artist’s catalogue comprised of 32 graduating high school seniors’ artwork and photography. Sort of like a yearbook for the visual arts seniors—class of 2008.

I also have one or two minor changes that I’d like to make to the book before I announce it to the students, faculty and the rest of the world. I understand that if I upload a new, revised book that it will not replace the original one. Could I make my first book "private," then make the revised book "public" so that the students order the corrected version?  Thanks for your help. Chrys

Posted by
Chrys
May 6, 2008 10:27am PDT
Chrys

Hi Chrys

You  can always mark your books as private. However, if you’ve got a newer version of the same book and don’t need the earlier version on line any longer (ie, you don’t plan to order it again), you might wish to delete it from your blurb.com account altogether. This can help prevent any mix-ups when ordering.

-Mike

Posted by
mikewhy
May 6, 2008 12:02pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

Got it. Thanks Mike.

Chrys 

Posted by
Chrys
May 6, 2008 12:53pm PDT
Chrys