Tips and Tricks

Where are the files for my book located?

Where are the files located when a book is created.  I tried to export a book, and I don’t think anything happened, since I selected a location, & then checked it, and it wasn’t there.   I want to fnd exactly where my original book is stored on my computer so I can find those particular files.  I can’t see them under the program files.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Broadway1492
Apr 21, 2008 4:59pm PDT
Broadway1492

Hi Broadway1492,

This is a two-part answer. First, if you EXPORT/BACKUP a book, you are given a choice of where to save that backup file. Try it again and you’ll see.

Second, BookSmart 1.9.5, which soft-launched yesterday, gives authors the choice of where to save their BookSmartData folder (which is essentially your book project directory). The default locations are, for PC, under My Documents>BookSmartData, and for Macs, User Home Folder>Library>Applications Support>BookSmartData.

Please use care when browsing through your book files. Moving them in the wrong way can result in BookSmart failing to recognize our book projects. The following FAQ (click here) contains tips and best practices for doing so.

Hope this helps!
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Apr 22, 2008 10:04am PDT
jbates