Tips and Tricks

Inside Cover?

I’ve searched here and the blog site and haven’t seen an answer, though I’ve seen a couple of people ask this question…

Do we get to put content on the inside covers?  Booksmart shows front + back cover, then starts with "Title Page" as page 1 stand alone.  So my guess is that the inside front cover is blank and page 1 is the first page inside.  Is this correct?

Or is there some copyright / Blurb logo printed on the inside covers like MyPublisher does?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
nsymms
Aug 22, 2007 3:40am PDT
nsymms

Hello nsymms. Blurb does not print on the inside front cover nor the inside back cover. That said, on our hardcover books, the printed dustjacket has a front and back flap that wraps around the cover.

Hope that helps,

Allison 

Posted by
allibehr
Aug 22, 2007 9:33am PDT
allibehr

Yes that’s what I thought; just wanted to be sure.  Thanks.

Posted by
nsymms
Aug 22, 2007 10:00am PDT
nsymms

Can the inside front and inside back cover print solid black?
Caesar

Posted by
sheriff
Jun 22, 2010 9:16am PDT
sheriff

Nothing can be printed on the insides of the covers and there is no choice of colour for the paper, either,  it is slightly off-white..

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 22, 2010 11:03am PDT
tfrankland

strange question… but I really don’t like the idea of white pages on the inside cover pages… so here comes the strange question….

If I ommitted any information on page one and put the inside cover graphic I wanted on page 2, could I simply glue the first page to the inside cover to make a printed inside cover?  Would that work? Or would it distort the way the book moves when it opens?

Posted by
Maxxine
Nov 16, 2010 9:36pm PDT
Maxxine

My page one looks black and it has allowed me to add photos to it…. it also has copyright infomation on it… So it will look like this or not?

Posted by
katiesue87
Dec 6, 2010 2:26am PDT
katiesue87