Tips and Tricks

Two pages full bleed spread

Hi, im Alessandro and i have much difficulty to create two pages full bleed like this http://blurberatiblog.com/index.php/2006/11/15/create-a-full-bleed-spread-across-2-pages/
I select full bleed pages from the menu page layout (the first is full bleed) and then drag the photo in the first page and from here drag to the other page.
I have try more time but i think they doesn’t work.
I’m so sorry for my English, but i’m Italian.
So, I hope for your help.
Thanks
Alessandro

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Alex1971
Jul 13, 2008 9:39am PDT
Alex1971

Hello Alessandro;

There is no "automated" way of lining up the images in BookSmart…

Once you have dropped the image into both pages, you then need to use the "Align", "Zoom" and "Move" tools on the toolbar to move the image around the pages until you get a satisfactory "match"...

It is MUCH easier to do this if you pre-prepare your image first in PhotoShop (or similar).

Here’s how I do it…

Open your image into PhotoShop, and re-size it (and re-sample if required…) to DOUBLE the width of the book size you are using, PLUS 1/8" for small books (in page number terms) or 1/4" for larger books… So, for a 13×11 landscape, you will need an image of 26.125" or 26.25" wide…

Then take two crops from it. The first of 13.125" (or 13.25") from the left hand side, and save that as Pano_Page_Left (or whatever takes your fancy)... then… Undo the crop, and Re-crop from the right hand side at the exact same measurements and save it as Pano_Page_Right (etc.)... Make sure you get the EXACT same measurements otherwise it will NOT line up correctly… (Using actual pixel count is a better option I found…)

The middle 1/8" or 1/4" will get lost in the gutter and/or binding, and the resulting image should line up pretty well… (Make sure you use the Centre-Align Tool for precise placement – (...when the current bug has been fixed..))

Hope that helps;

Good luck;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 14, 2008 6:48am PDT
lkb-28

I am trying to do the same thing. I have an 80 page hard cover book and trying to create a two page spread. Have not printed it yet but this is what I am trying. I cut the photo not in half but each half is 52% of original and placed each section on facing pages. I am hoping that the 2% overlap helps compensate for what is lost but have no idea. Any help would be appreciated

Posted by
jelijo
Mar 14, 2011 7:34am PDT
jelijo