Tips and Tricks

Posting completed Booksmart Book on website?

I am taking Multimedia classes in graduate school and one of my assignments is posting my completed Travelbook onto my weblog for all to see.  I have spent hours and am almost done with my Booksmart book and plan to order a few copies to document my travels around Europe.  NOW, I cannot figure out how to post my completed book onto my Weblog.  Can anyone help??

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
hooksj
Jul 30, 2008 6:39am PDT
hooksj

Hello Jodi;

Well, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news… but… as far as I know, no-one has yet cracked how to do this – at least in an "un-adulterated" manner…

You can link to the book’s preview in the Blurb BookStore, but that only shows the first 15 pages…

The only way I know of doing this is to print the book on your PC to a pdf file, upload the pdf to a host server, and then link to the pdf.

Downside is that Blurb dumps a watermark right across all pages to avoid theft and/or to avoid us getting our book pages printed elsewhere!

If you don’t have a "pay-for" pdf maker, check-out CutePDF [click on link]. It’s free and very good..

Good luck;

Lee

PS: If you DO figure out a way to do this – let us all know!

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 30, 2008 8:01am PDT
lkb-28

A bit time consuming, but taking ‘snap shots’ from your BookSmart pages in preview-mode could be the answer. Use Photoshop to cut them to size if necessary, and upload them to your weblog.

Posted by
Klassieker
Oct 12, 2008 3:57am PDT
Klassieker

It would be nice if the complete book could be posted on the weblog so that others that may be interested in making a purchase could see what they’re getting.  That would be nice.

Posted by
maffett741
Oct 13, 2008 6:07pm PDT
maffett741