Tips and Tricks

Video: Check out the latest features in BookSmart 1.9.7

Not only is BookSmart 1.9.7 ready for download, but our "What’s New" video is ready for watching. Chad, our video king (and VP of product design), created a 5-minute video to highlight all the latest and greatest in our new release. If you’re interested in any of the following new features, you’ll want to watch this video.

Highlights include: 

- An overview of editing and handling of text, including justification, hyphenation, and vertical text alignment

- How to lock pages

- How to start page numbering anywhere in your book

- Changing your library location

Hopefully, this is enough to get you started. Let us know what you think.

– Kathy

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
kathybad
Sep 3, 2008 2:11pm PDT
kathybad

I downloaded the newest version of Blurb’s software and I noticed that the colour format for the fonts (and for the background) have changed.  Unless I don’t know how to properly navigate it, it is substantially worse from what it was.  The old one was good ("if not broken, don’t fix it"). 

What I am trying to find is the "old second and third tabs" withing the font and background colour schemes where I could see one colour’s shades spread wide and high in a square box – this way I could easily navigate in the shades of one colour and through vertical bar next to the square change it to a next hint/hue.  Now, I see only one square box with all possible colours squized in it and next to it is a thin bar, nothing more.  How can I get that "2nd and 3rd old colour tabs"?  I need these, otherwise I feel that Blurb has given me in its 1.9.7 version kindergarden crayons to colour with, taking away my oil paints.  (Note: I do not have the Adobe Photoshop).

Thank you in advance for your response.  Regards, Klare

Posted by
talktoyasoon
Sep 7, 2008 5:18pm PDT
talktoyasoon