Tips and Tricks

Name of book keeps changing. Why?

When I load up Booksmart, the book selection menu sometimes shows the latest book I am working on as Untitled2 and sometimes with the title I assigned to it. It doesn’t seem to matter as far as the content goes. Everything is where I left it when I quit working after the last session. Its just a bit unnerving to see the title gone and I hold my breath when I click on Untitled2 until I see the familiar material appear.

I have renamed the Untitled2 version with the correct name several times but it doesnt seem to matter. It still comes up as a coin toss which title appears on the Start menu.

Any comments, suggestions, etc?

Martin

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Fluor
Oct 1, 2008 6:22pm PDT
Fluor

I’ve noticed this too. when I go from one book to another book the book I cam from will be fine and the book I want to go to will be fine. However if I go from the newly created book to the old book, it defaults back to "untitled2". I think there are some software bugs that blb needs to work out (like booksmart closes randomly if I do certain things in a certain order – if I do them in a different order its fine). I noticed that a lot of the things booksmart uses technologywise is a little dated – and… it’s 1.9, so it’s pretty safe to say they are working through somethings.Overall the name flipping changes nothing, the content images in the name flipping book will remain constant.

Something to help you with your breath holding is put a background color on the cover so you can see that it is thebook you were working on, and then do the cover last.

A big frustration for me is tha content formatting. If I change the format, I’ll get warnings and so on, instead of the book fixing it logically itself. 

I get frustrated from time to time, but all in all I can work through it – problems or not. 

Posted by
ejronin
Nov 14, 2008 11:14am PDT
ejronin