Tips and Tricks

Anyone Know A Free Downloadable Photoshop Graphic/Design Maker?

I have a design site. I’m really getting tired of doing all this work on the same place. I see everyone getting a new photoshop program and I’m stuck with the same dull graphcis. so i really need a FREE downloadable photoshop! But I know one site [url=http://www.webdesigningcompany.net/] Web Design Company[/url] There are many more version to download free photoshop design in the world, but I want more sites which give me free download phostoshop design, plz. Help me?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Saroja
Sep 10, 2007 10:42pm PDT
Saroja

Try GIMP.

http://www.gimp.org/

It’s more for image processing than graphics design though. 

Posted by
xray
Sep 10, 2007 10:55pm PDT
xray

I got a free 30 day trial of Photoshop from their site. 

Posted by
PAMAMA
Sep 12, 2007 10:30am PDT
PAMAMA

Photoshop Elements costs $80 and has everything you need if you don’t absolutely need the whole expensive schmear. I like supporting Adobe’s line of reasonably priced products.

Posted by
mr5roses
Sep 19, 2007 12:31pm PDT
mr5roses

paint.net is another good open source program … it’s layer-based and is much simpler than Gimp. You can get it from download.com, that’s what I did, and it works great!

Posted by
corinth924
Oct 24, 2007 7:53am PDT
corinth924

I think what perople are looking for is a free photoshop plug-in that could do the layout work for you (like FotoFusion, PixelCreator, etc…). Something that comes with more flexible templates than booksmart and allows special effects.

Fotofusion is great, but at 300$ for the version that will allow you to make books is pretty steep for an amateur. 

Posted by
didekeer
Oct 24, 2007 10:55am PDT
didekeer

PS Elements can do 99% of what a photographer needs to do with photographs, if there’s no need for a high volume workflow, et cetera. I wholeheartedly recommend it. There are lots of tricks that will allow you to work around what at first might appear to be limitations, and there are free plug-ins that restore some other missing features also.

Posted by
remid0d0s0
Oct 24, 2007 2:05pm PDT
remid0d0s0

Just for resizing and basic image corrections I realy like the free application from http://www.irfanview.com/

Just my 2 cents on the topic.

John

Posted by
oddball508
Oct 24, 2007 2:41pm PDT
oddball508

Oh, and many Adobe products (InDesign for example) are free for a 30-day trial. I suppose you could keep borrowing computers for a few months if you were broke and desperate.

Posted by
remid0d0s0
Oct 24, 2007 4:00pm PDT
remid0d0s0

I never hear anyone talk about ULead PhotoImpact.  I’ve been using it for years and I love it.  It is very advanced, probably the closest thing to the full-blown Photoshop but much easier to use and costs $89 or less.  Certainly far more powerful than Photoshop Elements.  It is ideal for resizing, editing and animating photos,  plus it is a powerful graphics tool for web pages.  Good luck!

Posted by
BaldSpot
Oct 24, 2007 8:45pm PDT
BaldSpot