Tips and Tricks

Locked end sheet options

I designed an 11×13 landscape book with a darkroom" theme.  That means all the backgrounds are black and the text is white.  When I got the book I ordered, the"end sheets" are white.  This did not come up in the preview process.  I have tried to read all the posted questions.  I have not noticed that any of them deal with this issue.  Icannot understand why the end sheets have to be a different color (white).  Blurb told me to cut them out or color them!!! This won’t work if I order and send one to somebody else. Does anybody have a solution to the white end sheets?

Posted by
rfenn
Jan 26, 2009 3:37pm PDT
rfenn

They told you to cut them out or color them??? Seriously? I’m trying to do my first book on here and couldn’t find any info about the endsheets, I’m disappointed that they have to be white…

Posted by
bridgetthere
May 10, 2009 10:32pm PDT
bridgetthere

I have the same situation. Evidently there is no way to get endpapers that are not white.

Posted by
jshook
Jun 7, 2009 7:41am PDT
jshook

End sheets are a problematic issue for a highly efficient and cost effective operation like Blurb; the variables are significate. Normally, a more traditional bindery approach would to use a textured sheet of any color to be used as the end sheet. This would be a collaborative effort between the originator or designer, the printer and the bindery. The process involves difference sources of supply and coordination, something that would be very inefficient for this highly technical, work flow oriented operation to do. Suggest working with a more traditional source, should the end sheets prove to be such an important issue with the additional expense of production time and money.

Posted by
Strohmeier1
Aug 5, 2010 11:17am PDT
Strohmeier1