Tips and Tricks

Sidebars

I am new to Blurb. Am using the 10×8 landscape format for a book with text and photos. I also want to be able to add sidebars/call out texts (for things like definitions and added information) but I don’t see an easy way to do that with this format/

If I want to do a full page or two page spread of background information, I can add a page or pages and use a different background color, font, etc. to make it stand apart from my narrative, but to add a small sidebar or call out to a page along with my text seems problematic.

Any suggestions?

Luke, aka: nebraskaboy 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Nebraskaboy
Sep 14, 2007 11:48am PDT
Nebraskaboy

I’d like to know that too!!

:-)

Posted by
tiagd
Sep 21, 2007 12:19am PDT
tiagd

Nebraskaboy,

We’ll have more layouts to choose from in the upcoming version of BookSmart, although I cannot say for sure if there is an exact one that will fulfill your needs. In the meantime, if you’re an InDesign user, you could always create your own custom design and import it into BookSmart.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Sep 21, 2007 2:10pm PDT
kathybad

In addition to Kathy’s suggestion about InDesign, if you are using it, there is a link as provided in Blurb Blog on “how to” to design customized design in Adobe InDesign CS3 application (similar procedure with Photoshop CS3 or Illustrator CS3, the concept is pretty similar)...

Hope that helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Sep 21, 2007 7:26pm PDT
brianbonitz

Thank  you for the replies.

nebraskaboy

Posted by
Nebraskaboy
Oct 17, 2007 5:04pm PDT
Nebraskaboy