Tips and Tricks

I having problem upload my book

I having problem to upload my book. The error message from Blurb is "Hmmm.. we having a problem uploading you book".

Have tried turn off window firewall, antivirus program, but still can’t upload. Also send email  to Customer Support on 6/3/09 and 10//3/09 ask for help, but no reply. Anyone can help?

Sp  

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
splee
Mar 11, 2009 12:52am PDT
splee

I have exactly the same problem now. It says Failed to upload cover.

Posted by
tomas_cermak
Mar 11, 2009 5:37am PDT
tomas_cermak

Hi splee,

Michael, one of our customer support reps, replied to both of your emails. Have you checked your spam filter? We really want to get your book to upload successfully.

And Tomas, please work with customer support so we can get you up and running as well.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Mar 11, 2009 9:29am PDT
kathybad

Kathy, thank you for reply. I was able to upload the book after shutting down Vista firewall and AVG antivirus. I don`t know if this was the cause but it helped. I have one recommendation. Even after successful login, there is a period of time when nothing moves and it can mislead some users that nothing is happening. I have network monitor so I saw that there is some communication with the server and so I waited. But this was the only problem. Thanks for fantastic service.

Posted by
tomas_cermak
Mar 12, 2009 3:28am PDT
tomas_cermak

Kathy,

Have checked the spam filter, no email received. 

Posted by
splee
Mar 12, 2009 9:12pm PDT
splee

I have had the same problem and been receiving the same message for the past 2 days. Someone has replied to one of my inquiries, and as they suggested I have turned off all filters, firewalls, etc, and I am still getting the message that maintenance is being done to the servers until 11pm PDT (actually it switches between 11 and 11:30pm frequently). Oy! After staying up late all week to get this done and now I can’t upload! help! I have also noticed, I put in fake usernames and passwords, and receive the same response… And yes, I am certain I am signing in correctly

Grace

Posted by
gfuerte
Mar 13, 2009 12:19am PDT
gfuerte

Still no reply.

Posted by
splee
Mar 16, 2009 11:23pm PDT
splee

Hi splee,

Wow, sorry to hear that you have not gotten any of our emails. We’ve tried a few tricks, but still no luck. Let’s try this. If you have another email address we can try, please change it in your account here and then let me know in this forum thread when you have done so and we’ll give it a try. 

Or, we can try and call you, but the only problem with that is that you are 14 hours ahead of us, so the timing might not work. Unless of course, you’re either a late night person or an early riser.

Let me know.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Mar 17, 2009 9:32am PDT
kathybad

I am having the same exact issue and went through exactly the same steps you did…. also waiting for a response from Blurb CS and time is of the esssence for me.  AAUGHH.

Posted by
Sumhara
Mar 17, 2009 10:16am PDT
Sumhara

Can someone from blurb call me? Please!!!!

Posted by
Sumhara
Mar 17, 2009 12:19pm PDT
Sumhara

sumhara,

It looks like you are being taken care of by one of our reps right now. Best bet is to work with him because firewall issues are actually best solved following our detailed instructions. We should get you working in no time.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Mar 17, 2009 1:35pm PDT
kathybad

I have change my email address in Account.

Posted by
splee
Mar 17, 2009 11:08pm PDT
splee

Hi,

We sent a response to your new email address. We got a bounce back because of your spam filter, but we’ll fill out the form and it should move through to you.

Keep me posted.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Mar 18, 2009 2:17pm PDT
kathybad

I received the email and follow the instructions, still can’t solve the problem.

Posted by
splee
Mar 20, 2009 7:03pm PDT
splee

Hi,

Now that we are in communication with you via email please continue to work with us through email. Simply follow the directions in the email and reply back to us. We’ll then escalate your email to a tech rep, and will continue to help you with your issue until we have success.

Thanks for your patience, splee.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Mar 20, 2009 8:13pm PDT
kathybad

this is no good! I am having the same problem except I have never had firewall or any anti-virus programs so that cannot be it! And i need to order this asap for a school project! help! It says "hmm we have a problem uploading your book" then "0 init" what is that? staff?

Posted by
dill0973
Mar 20, 2009 10:19pm PDT
dill0973

dill0973,

Go to the Help menu at the top of this page and choose Customer Support. From there choose Technical Help.

That’s the most effective way to communicate wih Blurb staff. The forums are primarily a means of users (such as you and me) helping each other though they are monitored by the staff.

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 21, 2009 1:07am PDT
tfrankland

I have follow the instructions from email, and reply back via email. But no reply. So post my problem here.

Posted by
splee
Mar 21, 2009 11:39pm PDT
splee