Tips and Tricks

Could it be my Computer is squeezing the BookSmart pages?

You should see the mess I see when I get up my BookSmart pages.  The column on the left which contains pictures I’ve uploaded is too wide and the bigger part (to the right) seems to have migrated so far to the right that all the editing functions aren’t in reach.  In fact, now the little gizmo at the bottom that enlarges or diminishes the size of the pages (when you look at them) is covering up the button for ‘edit’ so I can’t click on it, as all I get are changes in the size of the page displaying.

Could it be something I can fix by reformatting my computer screen or what I wonder.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  It makes it almost impossible to construct a book.

Coralynn

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
coralynn
Jun 12, 2009 11:19am PDT
coralynn

Coralynn,

between your column on the left and the main part of your BookSmart window there is a thin vertical grey bar with three blue dots halfway down the window. Hover your mouse over that bar and youll see the mouse arrow change to a double headed horizontal arrow. At that point press the left mouse button and drag to the left, that’ll change the width of that window. I have found that with With 1.9.9. that is pretty fast, with 2.0 it is slower to move and you need some patience.

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 12, 2009 1:37pm PDT
tfrankland

Hi Tony;

Interesting you should say that; because I have NEVER been able to move the left pane – in or out !

I installed r2 yesterday, and still can’t move it! Best I have ever been able to do is to close the display, so I have the full window devoted to the edit space, then open the pane again when required…

Disapponting to see that some of those annoying little glitches are still evident in r2; like the Page Navigator still defaulting to micro-dots every time I change something, and the Get Photos only displaying Icons and not Thumbnails in the pop-up window… Aaaaaagggghhhh!!!!!

But we’ll press on…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jun 12, 2009 2:08pm PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee!

Just had a play. With R2, as I said, I can resize that left  pane, but there is a lag of many seconds before it actually moved. Having checked that yesterday before I posted I left myself with a smaller pane. Opened up this morning and it had reverted to where it was before. So I shrunk it again, closed/re-opened BookSmart and it had reverted again. But there is a limit as to how small I can make it compared to R1.9, I just checked (I kept a copy) and there is no restriction, I can shrink it to  a single column of thumbnails. A bit more playing with R2 lead me to see that I can resize it when I maximise the BookSmart window, but if I have a smaller window it won’t move.

I’ll e-mail Blurb and get them to read this thread.

I don’t have the problem with the page navigator as you do, but I do have the Get Photo problem with no thumbnails,

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 13, 2009 12:17am PDT
tfrankland

Hmm, yes, please submit this issue to customer support. Would be great to see a screenshot of this so we know exactly what you are referring to. Also, have you tried the workarounds we posted last week? If you’re running Vista, this might be a manifestation of that bug.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Jun 15, 2009 11:12am PDT
kathybad