Tips and Tricks

Locked how to publish book in 2 sizes

I’d like to publish a book as a large square format and also a small square format with exactly the same layout, cover etc. Is this possible without creating a whole new project. Many thanks.

Posted by
mikeausten
Jul 14, 2009 2:47pm PDT
mikeausten

You can  try. Open your book; go to File, click on New Book with this Photo Library. Pick the new book size. You will get a second file, new size, same photos. The iffy part is how much editing you may have to do to the photos to get them to fit new container sizes. It should be easier w/2.0 because you can edit the containers to fit the photos if you like the look. I created an 10×8 version of a 7" square book & only had to change the size on a few of the photos. Good luck.

Posted by
loricherokee
Jul 14, 2009 3:28pm PDT
loricherokee

MikeAusten.. did this work? I have the same questions.

Posted by
HollyKimble
Jul 30, 2009 7:05am PDT
HollyKimble

You can create a new book and book size using the same photo library – but you still have to re-create the book itself – it doesn’t import your text and page layouts.  Or is there something I’m missing?

Posted by
Bebensee
Jul 31, 2009 8:57pm PDT
Bebensee

I too am having the same trouble i dont wanna start all over the pic’s i wouldnt mind taking out of the book then adding i just dont wanna retype the book or cut/paste all night am i being unresonable?

Posted by
iristheviris
Aug 23, 2009 3:29pm PDT
iristheviris

Retyping and re-editing all night is actually not that bad… for a larger book, it could rather be WEEKS of work!!!

I really wish this issue could be addressed… I am sure we’d all prefer to do SOME editing (to make sure everything looks good in the new format), rather then doing the WHOLE project from scratch, with only a library available from previous book…

Posted by
olinkaokc
Oct 16, 2009 4:47pm PDT
olinkaokc

If you go to File & click on duplicate book, you get an exact duplicate of your book with text & pg layouts. Entire book is duplicated. You may to  have to edit size of photos depending on how much you change size of book. This option is really convenient if you just want to make minor changes in a book such as adding or removing a dedication pg for a one time only copy. You have to buy a copy of the 2nd book no matter what changes you make.

Posted by
loricherokee
Oct 17, 2009 11:26am PDT
loricherokee

I’m looking for the same option. I have not found a way to do this yet. Duplicating a book just makes an exact copy. I have a Large Landscape version I’m trying to convert to a Standard Landscape size and theres no way to do that. If there is pleeeeaaase tell me, I think I’ve tried everything.

Posted by
sigma
Oct 18, 2009 2:41pm PDT
sigma

Just adding my weight here. I haven’t got the answer. Perhaps Blurb could address this in their software. I was hoping to be able to upsize a 10×8 landsacpe book to the larger 12×13inch format, but it seems I will have to rebuild the book using the "New Book with this photo library". Unless somobody knows a workaround..

Posted by
RobWalls
Feb 11, 2010 5:36pm PDT
RobWalls

This has actually been discused in other forums, the simple anwer is NO, there is no way to duplcate the book in another siz e, you can import the pics in the picture library to the new book, unfortunately not the text.

Posted by
Pachuco
Apr 28, 2010 8:39am PDT
Pachuco