Tips and Tricks

Double sided pages?

Hi there,

I went through and designed my book using the In Design templates, with the understanding that the pages would be printed double sided and that the page on the right represented the back of the page on the left. When I uploaded my PDF however, it said I had 36 pages, where there should have been 18.  I went back and re-designed my book using the Book Smart software and got the same result – 36 pages.  Can anyone help me figure out how to indicate the pages are double sided, and which is side a and which is side b?  

I wanted to enter my book in the PBN contest, so the sooner I can get this resolved the better!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jlw0001
Jul 15, 2009 2:46pm PDT
jlw0001

The books are double-sided. A 36-pg. book has only 18 individual sheets of paper in it. You’re paying for no. of pages, not sheets of paper. If the book in Preview looks like the pages are double-sided, you should be OK

Posted by
loricherokee
Jul 15, 2009 3:01pm PDT
loricherokee

Ok, consider my forehead slapped.  This was very obvious but approaching it from a graphic designers point of view, I was thinking a page is a page, meaning piece of paper.  Whew!

Posted by
jlw0001
Jul 15, 2009 4:56pm PDT
jlw0001