Tips and Tricks

Problems Previewing the Book

A number of people tell me they have trouble previewing the book.  I don’t have any problem getting the preview to work when I click on PREVIEW.

What do you think they are doing wrong?  Do they need any special software on their computer or what?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
vallain1
Aug 15, 2009 10:15am PDT
vallain1

Is your book public or private? It has to be public for the Preview to work

Posted by
loricherokee
Aug 16, 2009 7:35am PDT
loricherokee

Yes, it’s public and I’ve posted links all over the internet.  It’s frustrating when people say they can’t see the preview, as that’s a very nice feature of Blurb.

Posted by
vallain1
Aug 17, 2009 6:58pm PDT
vallain1

Yes, it’s public and I’ve posted links all over the internet.  It’s frustrating when people say they can’t see the preview, as that’s a very nice feature of Blurb.

Posted by
vallain1
Aug 17, 2009 6:58pm PDT
vallain1

A bit more information would perhaps enable forum members, such as Lori and I, to help you.

I can preview three of your books OK (Flint Hills, Samantha’s wedding and Woods & Water) is it one of those they are having touble with or is it another one?

You say they cannot preview the book, what is actually happening when they try?

Does the preview fail and not show the pages? Does the book page not have the preview button on the book? Do they not  even get to the book page? Are they getting any error messages?

What form does the link you sent them take?. Is it like this http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/785680?

Or like this http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/785680?

The latter only works for you when you are logged on, the former is the correct format to send to others?

Any other symptoms?

……Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 17, 2009 9:29pm PDT
tfrankland

Thanks, Tony!  It may be my error.  I’ll check to see if I’m using the link with the word bookstore in it.  I’ll bet that’s what’s going wrong.

Posted by
vallain1
Aug 19, 2009 8:13am PDT
vallain1