Tips and Tricks

Word styles and paste problems

Is it true that you can not cut and paste word .doc files and keep any style/format? That seems to be what I gather from the forum, but it is hard to believe. I have many pages of Word text, with  paragraphs and sentences in italics scattered thruout the body text. It all pastes as body text, no italics. Instead of coming in at 11pt as per Word, it is pasted in as 12 pt..

It is a major hassle to go thru pages of pasted text and find what should be italic and change it. 

Any solution?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
svskyus
Aug 19, 2009 9:39pm PDT
svskyus

I believe that the font and size will be lost when when copying and pasting from Words to Booksmart.

However, when using a BW text book, you can add Words documents when creating the book and this, without losing anything.

You may also want to try to customize the styles in Booksmart prior to pasting to the program. I never tried but technically, it should work.

Good luck with your book project!

Sophie :)

Posted by
sophieadd
Aug 24, 2009 5:23pm PDT
sophieadd

Thanks Sophie,

I was afraid of that. Can’t directly import Word due to the physical size of my book, which has equal amounts of text and photos. The cut and paste limitations are a real hassle.

Bruce

Posted by
svskyus
Aug 26, 2009 10:42am PDT
svskyus