Tips and Tricks

ISBN Question

O.K. I’ve got my book, and now I want to buy a ISBN number.  After I get it, I want to order another book and have the ISBN number placed on it at book plant.  W#hast is the process.  I don’t want to deal with Booksmart again,and have deleted it from laptop due to lack of memory on disc pad. 

Will Blurb print it on all new orders if I gert and give them the number?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
dawgmeat
Oct 25, 2009 9:52am PDT
dawgmeat

It’s back to BookSmart I’m afraid. It is up to you to get the ISBN, produce or buy the barcode and place it correctly on the back cover. Blurb offer some advice on ISBNs in the FAQs including placenent, so do a search of the FAQs for ISBN.

You’ll then need to upload the book again and buy another copy within 15 days to stop it being deleted from the Bookstore.

Now all you have to do is recover your book so you can open it in BookSmart to make the changes. Did you take a backup copy before deleting it?

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Oct 25, 2009 10:50am PDT
tfrankland

THANKS Tony.

Unfortunately  for me, I I can’t download BookSmart again  due to a lack of memory.  Even if I had memory, I would not want to go through all the trouble.  I feel strongly that BLURB should have given me, and all other Blurb prospective customers a heads up on this MOST IMPORTANT topic! 

Posted by
dawgmeat
Oct 25, 2009 3:04pm PDT
dawgmeat

I’ve changed my mind and want to redo the book, and add ISBN number,  How do I "recover" existing book .  What’s the process for removing book and re-doing the new book with ISBN code on it.   And best, easiest way to apply it to book.

Posted by
dawgmeat
Nov 4, 2009 8:10am PDT
dawgmeat

If you’re talking about recovering your existing book from the Blurb server site, you can’t.  If it’s no longer on your laptop, you’ll need to recover it from your backup.

Posted by
deanej
Nov 4, 2009 8:22am PDT
deanej

How about a simple label? Not sure if it would look profesional enough, but might be an easy way out. I have considered it, but have not tried.

Posted by
jgehrt
Nov 4, 2009 12:19pm PDT
jgehrt

I thought about labels too but with help of a guy on this forum, I was able to add a box on the back cover and had the ISBN bar code printed directly on the book.

Posted by
friend1979
Nov 5, 2009 11:20pm PDT
friend1979