Tips and Tricks

Want to match a blurb cover color in PS

I’m wondering if anyone has an idea on how to match a blurb cover background color in photoshop. I’d like to design my cover in photoshop using an exact match to the secong box over (an orange shade) under the Flirty theme. This way I can design my own layouts for the front and back,insert them as full bleed and have the covers blend with the spine. It would (hopefully) look the the “orange” paper wraps all the way around with my design on top.
Anyone at blurb willing to give me the formula? If not, anyone out there have a way for me to match across the programs?

thanks iin advance,
aah

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
CasaDeWoof
Oct 19, 2007 5:01pm PDT
CasaDeWoof

when you pick a custom color, it gives you the RGB number.  just use that.

Posted by
pearson32
Oct 22, 2007 4:37am PDT
pearson32

Thanks for the reply, but when I tried that- the customize defaults to white. It will allow me to set a color, but not match it. For the time being I’ve tried the following: I exported a small pdf with the colors in it. I brought that into illustrator and matched the color there through the eye dropper. It seems to me that this should be accurate, but I’m not an expert. We’ll see, I guess.

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
Oct 22, 2007 2:34pm PDT
CasaDeWoof

If you’re using 1.9 report this to Technical Support. I’m still using 1.8 and have no problem setting the background color using RBG values in the Custom Color selector.

Posted by
lcarreira
Oct 22, 2007 3:45pm PDT
lcarreira

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear. I can set a custom color with no problem. What I’m trying to do is MATCH a blurb color in photoshop. When I enter “custom color” it is set at white (not the color of the current background). Are you saying that’s a bug? (I never tried to do it in 1.8, so I’m not sure how it’s supposed to work)

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
Oct 22, 2007 3:54pm PDT
CasaDeWoof