Tips and Tricks

restricting cover and paper choices

I would like to know if there is a way of restricting the cover choices and printing paper on my book ?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
paulh0101
Mar 30, 2011 4:58am PDT
paulh0101

Are you talking about the options a buyer has when ordering your book? If so, in the Bookshop you can indicate only the cover & paper options you want.

Posted by
loricherokee
Mar 30, 2011 6:31am PDT
loricherokee

What I am saying is that I have a book which I only want to sell as a softcover and only with the premium paper. Is this something I can indicate to prospective buyers ?
and if so, does this only show up when I have moved the book from private to public ?

Posted by
paulh0101
Mar 30, 2011 8:30am PDT
paulh0101

Lori is right, you can set the cover and paper types you want to make available to buyers, it doesn’t matter whether you have made it public or not.

Make sure you are logged in and go to My Books, then alongside the image of your book cover you’ll see a number of options. Select  details, from there select the Edit Book Settings tab and you’ll see the panel where you can limit the buyer’s options.

See the screen print below, this is from one of my private books.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 30, 2011 12:16pm PDT
tfrankland

Thank you for your feedback.
I have already done what you suggested. I guess it is a little confusing because when you preview the book, it appears as a hardback with dustjacket and the options for hardbacks still appear in the cart window ??

Posted by
paulh0101
Mar 31, 2011 7:31am PDT
paulh0101

The options only appear for YOU (unless something has gone wrong) they are meant to restrict the options another buyer has to choose from. You, as the author/owner, can order what you like – if you want to nake sure get a friend to check out what options they see (you’ll need to send them an "invite" to view).

You are right about the preview, it isn’t too intelligent.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 31, 2011 7:48am PDT
tfrankland

has the configuration of the system for specifying paper type and selling price changed since this series of posts? i have to click on sell at the bottom of the page to bring up options. then when i add markup i can’t save it. the system reverts to no markup. am i missing something? thanks.

Posted by
teeksa
Jan 29, 2012 1:09pm PDT
teeksa