Tips and Tricks

Resizing photos to be consistant

I am using the photobook layout and needing to resize each image to fit properly on the page.

Is there a way to do this so each margin and photo size is consistant throughout the book?  I feel like I’m ust winging it and guessing on every page with that slide bar and this is not good.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
MarcyM
Oct 28, 2007 11:45am PDT
MarcyM

Are you using the full bleed? Why not use either the template with the horizontal or vertical single frame photo centered on the page. They also allow for text if wanted or left blank. The picture frame will keep the image sizes constant and centered provided you fill the frame. It will crop the image depending on the your image aspect ratio. If that isn’t acceptable you need to work your images in PS or other image software and get the pixel dimensions sized to be the same. Gook luck.

Posted by
lcarreira
Oct 28, 2007 1:29pm PDT
lcarreira

you know something, YES the full bleed is what I’m using.  I will try the other layouts.  I just assumed I had to add text or it would leave unsightly text boxes.

I only want the images and nothing else on the page.

Posted by
MarcyM
Oct 28, 2007 2:14pm PDT
MarcyM

marcy, The text lines will not print in the final copy and any format with text can be left blank. You can also change the page color by clicking on the page you want changed and then selecting background. If you check out my book on the Hoh forest you will see what I mean. The color will fill the area that has no image.

Posted by
lcarreira
Oct 28, 2007 2:28pm PDT
lcarreira

thank you!

Posted by
MarcyM
Oct 28, 2007 10:21pm PDT
MarcyM