General Interest

ø, æ, å

Hello,

does anybody know if you can use and print the scandinavian letters Æ, Ø and Å?

Thanks,

Cathrine :)

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
katskobar
Jul 28, 2011 5:46am PDT
katskobar

Yes, if you are using BookSmart and the font you have chosen includes those characters. With BookSmart the rendering of the pages is done on your PC, not the Blurb server, so if you can type them on your PC they will print. The test is to look at the text in BookSmart’s preview mode…the button for that is in the bottom right-hand corner of the BookSmart window – if they show there they’ll print fine.

You may need to use the numeric keypad on your PC if you aren’t using a Scandinavian/Nordic  keyboard, if so you’ll find the key combinations here

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/nordic.html

With Bookify you are limited to the fonts on the Blurb server and I haven’t, as yet, done a book with special characters such as these so I can’t offer any advice. So, if this is the case, I’d recommend you contact Blurb directly to get some advice. If you are not sure how go to the Help menu at the top or bottom of this page and select Customer Support, from there select the Contact Support tab.

I have no direct experience of the PDF-to-Book process, but as the rendering to a PDF is done on your PC the comments above about BookSmart should apply.

…..Tony

I

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 28, 2011 9:07am PDT
tfrankland